Chapter Three

YN groaned, opening her eyes, yet again, to darkness. She tried to lift her hand to rub at her pounding head, but found them chained to the bed she was laying on.

"Hello?" She groaned out, struggling to remember where she was.

"YN?" A female voice asked her.

"Widow? What the hell is going on?" Natasha sighed, leaning close to the confused woman.

"If I take the blindfold off, am I safe?" YN scoffed.

"What kind of question is that? I would never-" YN gasped, finally regaining her memories. "Oh my... oh my God." She stuttered. "I- Oh my God, Nat." She cried, lifting her head and smacking it back down against her the mattress below her.

Natasha urgently unlocked the chains on her wrists and took the blindfold off. YN had tears racing down her cheeks, her face screwed up in horror. "YN, hey. Calm down." YN continued to sob, pulling her legs up as she faced away from the red head. "Can you still hear him? Is he trying to reach you?" YN shook her head, sobbing harder into her sheets. "YN, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry to ask, but we need you to talk to him."

YN sat up, trying to catch her breath. "You mean, you want me to incapacitate him, while you talk to him." She spat, lifting her hands to wipe her cheeks. "I don't do that anymore. I don't use them anymore."

"YN, please. We don't have much time." Saying nothing, YN looked away. "He's going to hurt a lot more people with the Tesseract." YN hesitantly nodded, finally steadying her breath.

"Fine." She muttered, lifting herself off of the bed quickly. Her sharp movements startling Natasha back step. "You-" YN gulped, looking down. "You're scared of me?" Natasha grimaced.

"No... YN, wait." YN shook her head, exiting the room and heading down the hall. Natasha hurried after her, following her into a large room where everyone was waiting.

"Hey, what the hell!" Tony gasped, stepping back as YN entered. "Why is she free? Better yet, why can she see?"

"YN is no longer under Loki's control." Natasha advised, schooling her features as she walked past the mentioned woman.

"She's still a pain inducing freak." Tony exclaimed, his words making YN flinch.

"Watch your tone, Stark." Coulson muttered, looking over to the smaller woman. "YN, how are you feeling?" YN scoffed, not lifting her gaze.

"Don't start acting like you care." She whispered, scuffing the ground with her shoe as she crossed her arms over her chest. YN's ears picked up a conversation on a monitor, her gaze dropping onto a computer next to her.

"You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." YN watched Fury glare at the encaged man.

"Oh. It burns you to have come so close, to have the Tesseract, to have power- unlimited power, and for what?" YN swallowed when Loki turned to face the camera, her heart speeding up dramatically. "...warm light for all mankind to share?" He laughed. "And then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something." Fury walked out of sight, leaving Loki sneering in the glass cage.

"He kind of grows on you, doesn't he?" YN shook her head, scoffing quietly.

"I wouldn't say that." She whispered, knowing no one had heard her.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked, turning to face the much larger man. Everyone remained silent, focusing not on Thor, but on YN.