Chapter Four

Walking in through the large doors of Loki's cell, YN held her gaze at the ground, terrified to even look up at the raven-haired man.

"Ah, my pet. It seems we have been disconnected." YN stilled on her path behind Natasha, her eyes closing as she fought back tears of anger. "Agent Romanoff, I figured you'd come.

"I wanna know what you've done with Agent Barton." Natasha demanded, staring Loki down.

"I'd say I've expanded his mind." Loki returned, his smile widening when YN scoffed.

"More like shoved it into a blender." She muttered, pulling at the sleeves of the captain's jacket.

"Cold, dear?" YN looked up, glaring at him.

"Let me in there, Nat." She whispered. "I can't do it with the glass separating us."

"Hold on." Natasha held up a hand. "And once you've won. Once you're king of the mountain. What happens to his mind?"

"Is this love, Agent Romanoff?" Natasha scoffed, shaking her head.

"Love is for children. I owe him a debt." YN frowned, wondering how she'd never met Agent Barton in the years her and Natasha had worked together, never even heard of him in fact.

"Tell me." Loki smiled, his eyes flicking to YN briefly.

"Before I worked for SHIELD, I uh... well, I made a name for myself. I have a very specific skill set. I didn't care who I used it for, or on. I got on SHIELD's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me, he made a different call." YN's frown deepened, shocked at her deep connection with Barton.

"And what will you do if I vow to spare him?" YN clenched her teeth, lightly tapping his foot.

"He's stalling, Widow." Loki's eyes turned to YN, his smile eating up his face.

"YN, such a pretty name for a monstrous soul." YN stilled, inhaling deeply. "How much pain can one go through, before their eyes reflect what's inside?"

"The only pain I feel right now, is the gigantic pain you're being in my ass." YN hissed, coming close to the glass separating the two. "Now, tell Natasha what you're going to do with Agent Barton, or I am going to come in there and show you what real pain feels like." Loki laughed and turned away as YN stepped back and Natasha stepped forward.

"Tell me." The red head demanded, jumping slightly when Loki turned abruptly, slamming his fist against the glass.

"I won't touch Barton! Not until I make him kill you. Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear." Natasha gasped shakily, her eyes filling with tears. "And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work." Natasha turned away from Loki in horror. "And when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is my bargain, you mewling quim!"

YN's eyes widened, trailing them to where Natasha was breathing deeply facing the wall behind them. "You're a monster." She whispered, clenching her fists.

"Oh, no. You brought the monster." YN's head shoots to Loki at the same time a completely composed Natasha turned around, a surprised look on her face.

"So, Banner? That's your play." Loki stepped back in confusion.

"What?" He asked deeply, flicking his eyes between the two women as they began to exit.

Natasha lifted her hand to her ear, her words making Loki seethe. "Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor as well." Natasha turned back to Loki, YN watching her smile at him. "Thank you for your cooperation." She smiled as she spun on her heel and exited the room, YN a few paces behind her.