Chapter Seven

"Oh... no, no, no." She chanted, stumbling back. "I cannot take that on." She panicked; eyes wild. "I can barely take on Loki alone without falling into a pit for days! How can I-"

"Hey! Calm down." Steve demanded, grabbing YN's shoulders. "Come on, we talked about this. You're stronger than you think." YN shook her head, looking at Steve as if he'd grown a second head.

"Strong enough to take on alien robots riding flying motorcycles?" She whisper-shouted, screwing up her face. YN took a deep breath, just registering what Natasha was saying.

"What did you stop for drive-thru? Swing that park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you." YN swallowed, sitting back down to put her head in her hands. Natasha plopped into the seat beside Clint, flicking a switch. Suddenly, a cannon gun released round after round, startling YN back in her seat.

YN looked back through the window as they flew through the smoke, keeping her eye on the Chitauri as they continued they're trek of destruction. "Widow!" YN gasped out as her sights land on Thor fighting Loki on top of Stark Tower.

"I see 'em." Natasha says, halting the fire. YN blew out a sigh of relief, shaking her hands.

"Shit!" Clint exclaimed as a blast hit a rotor. "We've been hit!" YN squeezed her eyes closed as they started to descend.

"Hold on!" Natasha called out, grabbing onto the handles in front of her. Steve grabbed a hold of the roof, swinging an arm around YN to keep her steady on her feet. They hit a few buildings on their way down, every jolt making Steve's hold on YN tighten. They land abruptly, YN stumbling further into Steve as the man grabbed her waist and pulled her to his chest.

"You alright?" He asked, looking down to YN.

YN blushed, stepping out of his embrace. "Um, yep. Never better." She murmured, nodding her head as she walked off the jet behind Natasha and Clint. The four of them look up toward Stark Tower, faces slack in shock.

"We gotta get back up there." Steve says, turning his head to survey their surroundings. They all run toward the overpass, trying their hardest to avoid Chitauri bullets.

"Oh... my God." YN whispered, slamming to a stop.

"What in the hell is that?" Clint muttered, eyes widening.

"Leviathan." YN murmured, swallowing thickly. "Loki mentioned them once."

"Stark are you seeing this?" Steve asked, placing his finger to his comms.

"Seeing... still working on believing." Stark returned. "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?" Steve asked, frowning.

"Just keep me posted." Tony said as the others watched him tear after the massive Leviathan.

"Stark, get me up there with Loki and Thor." YN shouted into her earpiece, Steve looking at her strangely. "I'm more help up there than down here." She said, motioning to the chaos the Chitauri were causing.

"Be careful." Steve said, jumping back as Tony flew past, grabbing YN's awaiting arm.

"If you drop me, I'll kill you." Tony laughed, grabbing her more securely.

"Never, princess. I'm growing quite fond of you." YN chuckled, shaking her head. "Can't promise you a soft landing, though." He continued, flying closer to the ledge where Thor was yelling at Loki.

"I'll take what I can get." YN said, bracing herself as Tony dropped her. YN bent her knees, landing in a cat-like stance.

Loki spun around quickly, abruptly ending his conversation with Thor. "Ah, come to see the show from a higher point?" YN smiled sarcastically before narrowing her eyes.