Chapter 4

Tom's POV:
Day 3 with love spelled Marco. Keeps asking for me according to Star. Not going to show up though haha. Nothing happened on day 2 which is why I am not going to mention it.

Im at the beach, just laying on a blanket. That's when I heard a portal open up. It was Star.

"Tom!" She groaned.

"Huh? Starship?" I turned around to face her and sat up.

Marco also came out of the portal. Seriously? She brought Marco too? "What is it."

"Marco is annoying me with him repeating how he loves you, how he wants to be with you, and how he just wants to be around you. I'm kinda sick of it soo."

If Marco was acting like that, then I most likely still don't want him around. Why does no one get that? Like seriously.

"Oh so you just bring him to me? Star I don't want him. I hate him."

I forgot Marco was still there. I looked at him and saw how sad and uncomfortable he got once I said that I hated him. It's true though.. right? Yeah. No doubts.

"I think I'll go Star," Marco said. "Huh? I thought you wanted to see Tom? You've been bugging about it all day!"

"Yeah well, I changed my mind. I'm going now, bye." With that, Marco walked into the portal. "Great, he's gone!"

"Tom! You clearly made him upset!" Star claimed.

"Oh well, nothing we can do about it."

Star let out a frustrated sigh. "Just- Can you just be nicer? You don't HAVE to like him, but can you at least try and be nice?"

Well, since Starship asked so nicely, I'll consider it. "Maybe."

Star walked into the portal she had created and closed it.

Now why would I, Tom, be nice to Marco? He is not my friend, lover, frenemy. He's more like, an acquaintance or an enemy. I hate him, but for Star, I will TRY and be nicer. No promises though that I'll be that nice or nice all the time.

Marco's POV:
Why does he hate me? All I want is his love. That's all I want. Why can't I have that? Why does he have to hate me?

Oh yeah. Star. He likes Star. I'm not Star, I can't be Star. I just- I just want him to like me. Is that so hard? I love Tom. I love him. He doesn't love me though.. but I can keep trying, right? Yeah, I'll keep trying! Someday I will get Tom's love!

Tom's POV:
I spent some time at the beach, it was fun even though Star showing up with Marco kinda ruined it but you know. I went back home and into my room. Now what? Hm..

Another portal opened. Seriously? Okay what is it with making portals in my room? Is privacy not a thing anymore? What if I was changing?!

Marco walked out of the portal. OH COME ON! AGAIN?! I'VE ALREADY MADE IT CLEAR. UGH, WHY IS HE SO-?! AGH.

As I was getting mad internally, Marco showed a big bright smile. Then he walked up to me. No hug. "Tom! Can we go hang out together?"

So that's why he came? "Can't you ask Star?"

"I could, but I want to hang out with you!" Huh? With me? Oh right love spell. "Why?" I mean I kind of already had an idea of what the answer would be. "Because I want to. Plus you're my favorite person in the whole world!" Favorite?. That's kind of.. sweet. Ah, anyways, I sighed. "Fine we can we go, hang out, I guess." Marco smiled really big and wide. Idiot. "Yay!"

Marco grabbed my arm and pulled me over. He closed the portal he previously made and opened another. Where are we going? He went in the portal and because he was holding my arm, I went in too.

"The perfect place to hang out, the fair! Oh, I guess we're hanging out at a, fair? "So, Marco, what do we exactly do here?"

Marco looked at me with a slight shock and laughed a bit. "You've never been to a fair?"

Was I supposed to?- "No.." Marco laughed while I just stood there. "It's alright, you'll just find out the stuff yourself while we do them."

This sounds like fun if I'm being honest. Wait a second.. since Marco is still under a love spell, is this a date for him?

"This is just a hang out, right Marco?"

He looked at me with a smile. "Yeah, of course!"

Oh thank goodness. "Okay good, I didn't know if this was a date or not." He mumbled something that I managed to catch. "It can be."

I was about to mention it, but that's when he got my arm and pulled it. Before we went anywhere, he asked me something that quite surprised me. "Wait, is it ok if I grab you by your arm? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or anything like that."

"Oh, oh! Oh yeah uh, it's fine, really." He smiled and his eyes closed from the happiness. That was quite considerate and thoughtful. Sweet.