Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven
Trinity and Isaac

"Megan, whose car is outside your house?" I asked as I walked into my cousin Megan's house.

I made it to the kitchen and saw Trinity sitting at the kitchen table eating as Megan poured drinks.

"Oh, hey, Trin," I said as I hugged Megan.

"What did you say?" Megan asked me.

"I said who's car is outside?" I replied as I walked over to Trinity and hugged her.

"It belongs to Miss Thang right there," Megan said.

Trinity shook her head.

"No, Isaac is letting me use his car while my car is in the shop," Trinity said.

I squealed.

"Girl, that's your car," I said as I stole a piece of broccoli off her plate.

"What do you mean?" Trinity asked me.

Megan chuckled.

"I told her ass that, but no, she's in denial," Megan said.

"Isaac gave you a car; he did not let you borrow his; you own that car," I explained to her.

Trinity smirked.

"Oh, that's what he meant when he gave me the keys," Trinity said.

"I bet you she hopped in the car and didn't even hear a word he said," Megan said.

"I mean, that's possible, but I know I told him to win me over, but I didn't think I could handle these kinds of gifts," Trinity said.

I rolled my eyes.

"It's only going to get worse; look at Princess, she mentioned a Roll Royce as a joke, and Zhan got it delivered to the house the next day," I said as an example.

"And didn't Maddox buy you a house in the Dominican Republic because you wanted a vacation house?" Megan asked.

I nodded.

"Yes, see, these guys don't waste time spoiling their women. That's why there's a lot of groupies trying to attach themselves to our men," I replied.

Trinity took a sip of her lemonade.

"So, you're saying if I want Isaac, I have to put up with getting everything I like but don't need and groupies causing drama to get his attention," Trinity said.

"Sadly, yes, but know Isaac will be loyal to you, and he probably doesn't have groupies, but you don't have to feel obligated to be with him, you know. I can get Zhan to make him back off if you're uncomfortable," I said, making sure my cousin knew she didn't have to date him just for the perks of being Isaac's girlfriend.

Trinity shook her head.

"No, I'm fine; I'm just not used to being taken care of you. You guys know what my last relationship was like," Trinity said.

"And I'm glad that nigga dead," Megan said.

I nod my head in agreement.

"Yeah, Isaac is an upgrade from Jajuan bum ass," I said.

"I'll give it a shot," Trinity said.

"Hey, at least you won't be single on the couples retreat," Megan said.

"Yeah, speaking of a couples retreat, when is it?" Trinity asked me.

"Janay said in a week or two; I don't know. I think she's still trying to figure out where we're going," I answered.

"I don't care where we're going. I'm just ready to be relaxing on a beach," Megan said.

"I hear that," Trinity said, agreeing.

"We're going to have lots of fun," I said.

==THE===WIFE==

"Isaac, what are you doing?" I asked him as I watched him cooking in my kitchen.

"You said you didn't feel good, so I'm making you some Haitian tea that Jean taught me how to make and heating this soup Jean made; he said it'll make you feel better," Isaac explained to me.

"I took some cough medicine," I said.

"Trust me; this is going to make you feel better than that cough medicine," Isaac said.

I walked over to him and stood by his side as he mixed the soup in the pot.

"Can I taste it?" I asked him.

He held the spoon to my mouth after he blew on it to make sure it wasn't too hot. I tasted the soup and licked my lips afterward as He put the spoon back in the pot and continued to mix it.

"How does it taste?" Isaac asked me.

"I like it," I answered.

"I'll ask Jean for the recipe," Isaac said.

I nodded.

Isaac poured the tea into a teacup dropped a dash of salt in it, and mixed it with a spoon before he handed it to me.

"Here, drink this before you eat," Isaac said.

"Okay," I said as I took the teacup from him.

"It's a little bitter, but it's good for you," Isaac said.

"Okay," I said.

I drank some of the tea, and I wanted to spit it out because it was so bitter, but I forced myself to finish drinking it.

"Oh God," I said as I placed the teacup in the sink.

"I told you it was bitter," Isaac said.

"Yeah, but I did not think it would be so bad," I said.

Isaac laughed, then turned off the stove and played with the soup before leading me to the kitchen table.

We sat down, and Isaac started feeding me the soup.

"I'm sick, not disabled," I told him as I tried to grab the spoon from him.

Isaac moved the spoon from my reach.

"Just let me feed you, damn Trinity. You don't have to be so guarded with me," Isaac said.

I put my hand down on my lap.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not used to this," I said.

"You can't be sorry; you never had a man feed you before," Isaac asked.

"The only person who fed me like this was my mother," I answered.

"I thought you were in a relationship before you told me he ain't take care of you or anything?" Isaac asked me.

I shook my head no.

"No, he only caused me problems," I replied.

"So, now I know why you're so guarded; I knew your goofy ass was troubled when you thought I was letting you borrow the car when I repeatedly said it was for you," Isaac said.

I rolled my eyes.

"I misheard you," I said.

"No, you didn't. You thought I was letting you borrow it because your relationship was full of shit, and he made you think you shouldn't be gifted and treated like a queen," Isaac said.

I kissed my teeth.

"Sir, you're acting like I was deprived of something," I said.

"But you were," Isaac said.