Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
Love and Lies Part Two

"Why did you come to the couples retreat?" Dr. Ward asked Erica.

"Well, I need to trust my husband again because, throughout our marriage, he has been an asshole and has done some questionable things. He's hidden so many things and lied a lot. And he has cheated on me," Erica explained.

"I haven't been a good man to Erica. I came on this trip to make things right with her and fight for our marriage," Samuel answered.

"So, you've come here to make her trust you again," Dr. Ward asked Samuel.

"Yes," Samuel answered.

"Erica, ask your question," Dr. Ward said to Erica.

"Samuel, have you flirted with other women on social media since we got back together?" Erica asked Samuel.

Samuel licked his lips and stretched out his shoulders and back.

"Yes," Samuel answered.

"He's telling the truth," Lorenzo said.

"What the fuck!" Brooke exclaimed as she wanted to kick Samuel out of his seat.

Marcus held Brooke back as Erica started crying.

"Are you fucking serious?" Erica asked him.

"Samuel, do you want to explain yourself?" Dr. Ward asked Samuel.

"The last time I talked to a girl, fooling around, was in December," Samuel answered.

"He's lying," Lorenzo said.

"How are you going to lie while you hooked up to a lie detector," Trinity said, shaking her head in disappointment.

Janay raised her hand.

"Can I ask a question?" Janay asked.

"Go ahead," Samuel answered.

"When Erica was in the hospital for a week because she went into premature labor, were you out of town cheating on her, yes or no?" Janay asked him.

"Yes, I was," Samuel answered.

"He's telling the truth," Lorenzo said.

Erica cried even harder.

"You motherfucker!" Jessica said.

"You lied to me. You said you were on a business trip. I was fighting for our son's and mine lives in that hospital, and hit was fucking other bitches!" Erica screamed at Samuel.

Lorenzo removed the wires off of Samuel.

"I'm trying to do better," Samuel said.

"Better? You son of bitch! I'm done," Erica said.

"I put too much damn effort and time into this marriage, and all you have done is ruin my life! I want a divorce," Erica said, walking away from the table

"You know Samuel, I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're just a sick individual. I told you after the first time you cheated that if you ever cheat on Erica again you should leave her," Janay said as she threw her drink in Samuel's face.

Then the rest of the girls followed Janay's lead and threw their drinks at Samuel, causing him to leave the table drenched in alcohol.

"Should we continue?" Dr. Ward asked.

"I think we should end this activity; I think we can ask our partners the hard questions in private and on our own time," Jean answered.

"Agreed," Rocco said.