13

Saiki's POV:
It was a slightly warmer day on this Sunday morning and Saiki found himself at Y/n's doorstep.

The door burst open and Y/n stood in front of him looking frazzled.

"Hey!" she said excitedly, "thanks for coming!"
She stepped aside, nonverbally welcoming him in.

As he took off his shoes she continued speaking, "sorry we're just hanging out at my house today. Kaito didn't feel like going anywhere, but don't worry! I've got many fun things planned."

They walked together towards the living room and Saiki finally took the time to look around, unlike last time.

The L/n's home was dim and slightly minimalistic. Not much furniture was inside which made the home feel large and spacious.

It played around with several tones of muted brown and the occasional black and white. The floor was a shiny wood, almost like it just had been waxed, with some white tile in the living room floor.

There was not much presence of the family in the house. You could walk in and assume the house was up for sale. Rocks and leafy plants became the only known decorations and a single photo frame was displayed in the corner of the living room. It was as if the family was prepared to pack and move whenever they needed to.

(A/N: if you need a better visual I provided an image below! I labeled Y/n's room and moving to the left would be Kaito's room and then Y/n's mom's room/office)

"Do you always let your brother overrule what you do?" he said leaning into the photo frame of the entirety of Y/n's family.

She seemed to be about thirteen and Kaito around one. They all looked happier than usual and maybe they were.

"I mean he is my brother after all. My family...while annoying at times...is everything to me."

Saiki looked back at her. She smiled softly and shook her head, "sorry, I usually never tell anyone that."

"Don't be sorry," he said waving his hands, "I'm sorry for bringing it up."

"It's fine. Anyway...to the kitchen! I made some awesome goodies yesterday."

She marched right over to the kitchen area and just then Kaito appeared from the stairs. He looked to Saiki, his face unimpressed and bored.

Oh God, the psychic is back.

Saiki clicked his tongue and waved at the boy, "hello."

"I don't like you," he replied.

Wow I never thought he'd say it to my face.

Kaito looked over to the kitchen area and lowered his voice, "it'll never happen," he said now making his way to the living room couch.

"What are you going to do? Kick me? I can read your mind you know."