STOP SINGING MARIAH CAREY, IT'S NOVEMBER 1st!!!

Based on... well, me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"IIIIIIIIIIIII, DON'T WANT A-LOT FOR CHRISTMAS. THERE IS JUST ONE THING I NEED-"

Nico stopped in his tracks. Monthly cleaning of the house. It's November first, the day after Halloween. Oh no.

"DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PRESENTS UNDERNEATH THE CHRISTMAS TREEEE! I JUST WANT YOU FOR MY OWWN, MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER KNOWWWWW."

Nico groaned.

As a rule in the Di Solace household, no Christmas music was allowed to play before Halloween ended, for Nico's sanity. Will had tried to bend this rule multiple times, but Nico wouldn't budge, even though it had started to get colder in New York.

But Halloween was officially over, which made it Will's time to shine.

Right on cue, Will slid into the living room on his socks, Swiffer microphone in hand. "Sing it, Nico!"

"No. It's too early for Christmas music."

Will bounced on the tip of his toes. "I was good all year! You said I could when Halloween ended."

"I still need a grief period."

"Neeeeeeeeks!" Will stuck out his bottom lip. "Come onnnnnn."

Nico sighed. "I like the softer songs, like Silent Night and Oh Holy Night. All the night ones."

Will grinned. "So not the ones playing on loop at my Mom's local Walmart."

"Exactly. My favorite is Ave Maria. It's beautiful and reminds me of Christmas in Italy with my mom and Bianca." Nico smiled fondly at the memory. "But I can probably guess yours."

"Mine's easy. Carol of the Bells or anything by the Trans Siberian Orchestra." Will spun the wet-mop around. "So you don't relate to Dominic The Donkey?"

Nico raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"The Italian Christmas donkey? Have I never tortured you with that song before?"

"No, and I'm glad you didn't. I might have to rethink our engagement."

"You would really do that over a song? Shallow." Will spun around the Swiffer again. "But anyway, that's what Youtube is for. Couch time!"

"My threats are useless!" Nico groaned.

Will grabbed Nico's hands and moved them side to side, like they were doing the cha-cha. "That's cuz you're stuck with me!"

Nico couldn't help but smile. "Fine, whatever."

Will wrapped his arms around his fiancé. "You love me." He kissed him on the cheek.

"I do, you're right."

A few moments later, Will had the video ready. "Ok, are you ready?"

"No."

"Let's do this then."

Something sank to the bottom of Nico's stomach as soon as he heard those first three notes. Dread, probably. "Oh no."

"Oh yes!"

"This is horrible. I- È terribile!" Nico threw his hands up. "William, what is this?"

Will smiled. "Connecting you with your Italian roots as any good husband-to-be would." He blinked innocently.

Nico sighed and stood up. "I want a divorce."

Will scrambled after him, laughing. "Nico, wait!"

"You've officially lost Christmas music privileges until December."

"NOOOOOOO!"

The end

Yay I'm early to update!!!!!! Woooo
I might have another one out by the end of the month but it was a very specific request for angst soooooo it will hurt y'all deeply. no happy endings

but in the meantime, i hope everyone is doing well! Happy November and happy day of the dead!

WC: 534