009. accidents

after the two finished their meal, they cleaned up a bit just to help out the maids right before exiting the dining room

"where should we go now?" evan asked, looking at the ground, waiting for andie to reply.

andie didn't know what to do. josh wasn't going to be back for another while, so why not just take a walk?

"let's go on a walk. i think we could use some fresh air." she replied, smiling.

andie walked around the castle, leading evan to the same pathway andie and josh were on the day before.

"it's amazing here, i don't think i'll ever want to leave." evan sighed, taking in his surroundings.

"we're going to have to leave eventually, evan. as much as i hate to admit it, we don't belong here."

"what do you mean? andie, we've wished for this to happen our whole life! are you seriously going to throw that away?"

andie sighed, looking at her best friend, "i want to stay as much as you do. but when we feel that it's the right time to go home, we have to go home. this isn't our universe, evan."

disappointment was shown on evan's face, but he understood where andie was coming from. they know nothing about a universe like this, they only know what's written in books.

they continued walking down the same route andie and josh were on, until they heard a hard thud coming from their right.

out of curiosity, the two walking towards where the thud came from and saw josh sat up against the tree with his hand against his side, groaning in pain.

"oh my god, josh! are you okay?! what happened?!" andie asked, kneeling by his side.

"just a little accident! that's — that's all." josh breathed out.