ᵉᵖ ⁴」

H o w  S t r a n g e . .
Word count: 762 words

°
°
°
°

Y/N's POV

Y/n was walking down the Royal garden with her person maid Mai Lee, taking in the small little details of life infront of her, a book in her hand. She took small, slow steps as to not pass the beauty of the flowers so quickly.

(E/c) eyes glazed softly over each petal of each kind of flower. She raised her free hand to touch a particular purple rose until she jumped at the sound of her name, the book balancing in her other hand toppling onto the floor.

Y/n's mood soured instantly at the drastic turn of events. "Ugh.. how unfortunate." The irritated Princess muttered. Her name was called again, out of desperation it seemed.

Y/n walked to the voice, leaving her book sprawled on the floor of the path. She was ready to give this person a piece of her mind, forgetting her personal maid following behind her, holding the princess's mistreated book.

"What on earth could be the matter?! What's the fuss." Y/n shouted irritably, though still keeping a gentle yet intimidating around her.

"S-sorry, my princess. There is a butler who serves the House of Han here for you. He awaits with a message..?" The servant seemed to second guess himself, a sheepish grin forming on his face.

"Jungkook, sometimes I wonder if you take your job seriously. Ah.. whatever. Take me to this gentleman." Y/n sighs. She obviously wasn't amused by the intrusion, especially from the House of Han.

Oh how she regretted excepting the ball invitations.

Jungkook lead her towards the main hall, where a timid butler seemed to pace, forwards and backwards until he heard the creak of floorboards in front of him.

"Ah, my liege. You bless me with your presence. I have a message from Prince Han himself." The butler started, discouraged by the sudden eye roll given to him by the Princess Min.

"Right.. Well then. Carry on. What does he need to say to me so urgently." Y/n says, her posture loosening a bit as Jungkook walks out of the room, leaving Y/n and Mai Lee with the butler.

"He.. asks of your name, mistress." The butler mumbles.

She fights back the urge to laugh, though her lips pull into a soft small smile. How cute.. he just couldn't wait for the ball now could he.

"How sweet. Though this is a disappointing thing to ask as the days to the ball loom around the corner.. don't you think?" She asks, waiting for the butler's opinion.

The butler seemed stuned, baffled by the prospect of such a respected royal to be asking for his feeble opinion. Though, scared to seem insufficient and unworthy of small talk, he replies swiftly.

"I do find it a little bit strange, your grace, though I think he may have innocent intentions behind his actions." The butler states, proud of his answer.

Y/n seemed impressed with him.

"Ah okay then. My name is Min Y/n of the House of Min. Haha.. how ironic to say that in my own estate.." You laugh, a delicate smile on your face.

The butler smiled at your calmness. "Thank you madam, I shall take my leave. The House of Han thanks you." The butler leaves with haste, jumping onto his horse before riding away into the distance.

"How strange, the Prince seems not to be as.. well..  dominant as I thought he would be..?" Mai Lee says, peeking your interest.

"What does it matter? I'm not going to marry him anyways Mai, I'm just there for observation." Y/n states, slowly taking the book from Mai Lee's small hands.

"Of course Princess, shall we go back to the garden. Or would you rather a snack from the pantry?" The maid questioned.

Y/n responded with the option of returning to the solitude of the garden. It was surely one of the most favourited places in the Palace in her heart, regarding how beautiful and quiet it was.

However, she couldn't get the rather odd request from the Prince away from her conscious. Why ask now? Millions upon millions of troublesome questions filled the 'uptight' Princess's head, but was soon all forgotten about after poking her nose in her favourite book.

Little did she know, even agreeing to the ball would be one of the most fatal accidents she had ever caused, though the faint feeling of dread would haunt her very soul till the end.