ᵉᵖ ⁹」

A n o t h e r  O b s e s s i o n
Word count: 955 words

°
°
°
°

Hyunjin POV

Hyunjin had been friends with Y/n for a while, hell, it has almost been 7 years since they first met. And although he denies it, he fell hopelessly in love with her.

Her dominant demeanour, contrasted with her pure doe eyes. That was all it took to tangle him in the red strings of fate. And he hated it. He hated how much he loved her, how much he would do anything and everything to have her in his arms. All of it.

So why did he accept it? Why did he accept the request from Prince Han? ...why not? It would be another chance to see his beloved Y/n again. And, to see if she thought of him as much as he thought of her. Though he thought it was strange. What interest did the prince of the Han dynasty what with Princess Y/n? The young Prince didn't dwell on it though, as he informed the Palace of his arrival.

Hyunjin sighed. "..I might as well."
He was standing infront of the Min Palace doors, accompanied by his squire, Yang Jeogin.

"Are you worried, sir? Its okay, I'm here." Jeogin reassured. Hyunjin's heart felt a little more light at the squire's words, a small smile forming on his plump, rosy lips.

"Thank you, Jeogin. That's good to know." Hyunjin beamed, patting him on the head. Jeogin cringed, making Hyunjin giggle softly.

"Yes, okay Prince Hyunjin." Jeogin said, rubbing the part of his head the Prince had patted a little to hard.

The doors then swung open, to reveal a slightly flustered Y/n and a beaming King Hyun-Woo. His arms spread wide to scoop Hyunjin into a tight embrace.

"Well if it isn't the Prince Hyunjin of the Hwang dynasty, oh how I missed you boy!" He sang, gently suffocating the poor prince.

"Its.. nice to.. s-see you to.. agh.." he croaked, barely able to breath with the King's strong hold which was weirdly around his neck.

"Ah! Papa, you're gonna kill him." Y/n scolded, watching as Hyun-Woo reluctantly let go of Hyunjin. She sighed in disappointment, nothing ever seems to go right.

"Y/n.. its been so long. Heh.. this is awkward.." he breathed, finally catching his breath after his 'hug' from King Han. But it didn't last as he was pulled into another hug, though it was less suffocating. It was more comforting.

"I missed you.. Hyunjinnie.. you idiot." She wrapped her arms around his waist, pulling him in. And of course, Hyunjin was flustered, but he didn't let it show as he buried his face into her shoulder.

"I missed you too. Y/n-ah," He patted her head, a blush coated smile on his face. She let go of him, leading him into the Palace, Jeogin following behind them quietly.

Queen Min was busy with a few maids when she spotted Hyunjin, a small happy smile on her face.

"Hyunjin.. how have you been?" She asked, her smile never faltering.
"I've been great, thank you. I hope everything has been going okay for you..?" Hyunjin answered, suddenly remembering the reason for his visit.

"Oh, well Y/n recently attended the Ball of Han, she even met Prince Jisung I've heard." She rambles.

Hyunjin's smile cracks a little, his mood worsening at the thought of Prince Han choosing Y/n as a bride.

'That's why he wanted me to observe her.. how cliche and lazy..' He thought, spacing out as Y/n pulled him to the Palace gardens.

"Hyunjin. Do you remember the gardens?" She pondered, her soft smile widening at his presence. She really had missed him. He was her childhood friend after all, so how couldn't she?

Hyunjin snapped out of his trance, a goofy smile on his face.
"Yeah, ha of course I do. You pushed me into those flowerbeds." Hyunjin laughed, the memory playing in his head.

~

"Hyunjin! You idiot, get back here!"
Y/n was supposed to be studying, but was instead chasing Hyunjin in the garden, her dress becoming dirty at the hem.

"No! I took the last scone because you weren't going to! Wah!" Hyunjin tripped, the front of his dress shirt getting messy. He knew he shouldn't of messed with Y/n, especially if I was with food. But he did it anyway, and now he was paying the price.

"HA! GOT YOU! NOW YOU PAY!" the princess cackled, pulling Hyunjin up from the floor and pushing him into a flower bed full of soil.

"Oww.. Y/n you're such a-" Hyunjin started, before being interuppted by a loud shout, which seemed to be the voice of Queen Min.

"HYUNJIN, Y/N. NO ROUGH HOUSING. AND Y/N GET BACK HERE." She shouted, standing at the entrance of the garden with her arms crossed.

Hyunjin and Y/n looked at each other before sighing, knowing they were caught.
"It was fun while it lasted.." Y/n sighed.

"What about that was fun?" Hyunjin whimpered, watching Y/n try to scrape the dirt of her dress.

"Oh shush you."

~

They both laughed at the memory, leaning on each other. Hyunjin held onto Y/n, hugging her tightly. At first she was surprised, but eased into the hug.

"I really did miss you Y/n.." he breathed, twirling a lock of her hair in his finger.

"I promise I'll never leave like that again.."

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

A little early chapter for you lovelies~
Thanks for reading so far lol.