ᵉᵖ ⁸」

L i t t l e  I n v e s t m e n t s
Word count: 925 words

°
°
°
°

Y/n's POV

Even though Y/n had a tendency to ignore things that don't concern her, she couldn't shake off what had happened at the Han Ball. I mean, how could she? With Prince Jisung's half- assed excuse for the murder, and everyone pitying him, Y/n didn't really have anything to go off of.

So she turned to her personal maid, Mai Lee. She took them to her chambers, when they got there, proceeded to lock the door.

".. my princess? What is the matter?" Mai Lee said, worried if there was a dire issue at hand. And there was.

"Did you hear what happened at the Ball, Mai? The murder, it seemed to point the guilt towards Prince Jisung. But then, he tried to defend himself and everyone believed him-" Y/n rambled on, slowly forgetting what she had placed Mai Lee in the room for.

"My princess, are you implying what I think you are?" The timid maid questioned, looking astonished at the assumption. She had always been a fan of Jisung, his honeycomb skin, the way he smiled screamed 'ideal boyfriend'. So denying the claims made by her peer was not uncommon.

"Ah.. You're overreacting, Princess Y/n. I'm sure he didn't kill Do-Yun. Well, I mean who wouldn't.." She had whispered the last part, looking to the floor next to her feet.

"...sure. Okay then. It is unjust of me to accuse an innocent without proof.." the Princess sighed. Even though his excuse was questionable, she had no other proof to back herself up. So she gave up on the subject, walking out of her chambers with a pout, and Mai Lee scrambling after her.

"Oh my princess... how I wish to have your patience.." Mai Lee whispered, following quietly while eyeing Y/n's pristine looking clothing. The clothes of course she picked it out for her, they were close enough for that. So so close..

One might even say.. too close.

Jisung's POV

Jisung paced around his new room, his old one being renovated and turned into a Do-Yun memorial. King Han had insisted on it becoming a memorial place for Do-Yun, and to keep his perfect image, Jisung appeared to be happy as ever to comply.

He was furious. The bedroom him and Y/n were going to share, were going to create memories in, turned into the grave of some useless waste of space. He clenched his fists in silent rage, a frown pulling on his features. It wasn't fair. It was never fair. But who could he blame? It was him who had killed her, and he didn't regret a bit of it.

Why would he?

He smiled, his mood lifting as he thought about Y/n. The way her dress flowed that night, her small sensible smile, her beautiful (h/c) locks. God, she was perfect. Well, that would be wrong. No-one was perfect... except her.

Soon after pacing around his room for a few minutes, he sat on his bed, sinking into the covers comfortably. He pulled a piece of string from his pocket, a slight deranged smile playing on his lips as he stared at it. It seemed to be string, but in fact it wasn't.

It was a strand of her hair. Her beautiful, (h/c) locks.

He had pinched it when she was turned around, just as the maid ran in to announce Do-Yun's death. It was perfect. And now he had something to occupy himself with.. something worthy of praise.

He held the strand close to his chest, careful to hold it tight and firm so it wouldn't get lost in the sea of his bed. He breathed a shaky sigh, before bringing his free hand to his face, a dark blush on his cheeks.
"God.. what have you done to me, baby.." he laughed, his smile crooked, showing the small signs of his mind breaking down.

Idea. He had an idea. Of course, this piece of angel thread wouldn't keep him satisfied for long. He needed more.
More.
MORE.
And he knew the person who could help him.

Hwang Hyunjin, from the dynasty of Hwang.

They were skilled in all sorts, most famous for their precise observation of others. And their protective manner. And.. are the perfect stalkers if you will. Just what the Prince wanted. Jisung felt giddy at the thought.

But of course, this wasn't going to be easy. The dynasty of Hwang don't give away their talents without a price, and Prince Hyunjin would be something of an expensive case. Jisung couldn't just send the money over with his request, it had to be reviewed by one of the high Court. And his request would instantly put him on trial.

So, he just sent a message to the Prince Hyunjin. Giving him a brief of what he wanted, and how much he was willing to pay. Then, Jisung sent a secret messenger towards the Hwang kingdom, satisfied that it would pass regulations.

And it did. In just a few days, he had gotten a letter back, stating that he would do it. It was perfect. Its all going perfect.

And all it took was a little investment.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
This is a bit longer than normal, I think. Just to compensate for the late uploads that might come.
Also, we're at 100 reads LES GO.
Thank you for reading~

Have a good day besties ♡♡