ᵉᵖ ⁷」

E x c u s e  A f t e r  E x c u s e
Word count: 958 words

°
°
°
°

A little key for the chapters up ahead including this one.
- (h/l) means hair length
- (h/c) means hair colour
- (s/c) means skin colour
- (e/c) means eye colour
Y/n do be diverse doe.
Okay back to the chapter ☜

♤♡◇♧

All eyes had swivelled from the disturbed maid to Prince Jisung, who still had his shocked facade printed onto his face. After a long silence, the laugh of King Han rang in everyone's ears, turning heads towards him.

"How utterly bitter of you, maid, to assume that my son Prince Jisung is a murderer." The King giggled, while looking around the ballroom.

Jisung had to think fast, or else he would make a fool of himself infront of Y/n, who had already diverted her attention to the now bawling King Han. Jisung stepped forwards, clearing his throat mockingly.

"Me and her had a fallout, I admit. But I would never of thought... she would kill herself because of it." Jisung stated, a fake frown pulling at his lips. False tears sprang in his eyes as he chose the next few words of his bluff.

"She had been talking about a marriage with me, and I had declined. If I knew it would come to this... I w-wouldve accepted despite my unhappiness.." the Prince cried. He brushed he tears away from him face, bowing his head in profound sadness.

Y/n didn't buy it. Although his acting skills were impeccable, she saw straight through it. She didn't speak up though, as it would cause rumors to spread.

All the guests around the ballroom had sighed in relief and remorse for the poor, poor Prince. Well everyone except Y/n. Jisung looked to Y/n, and was genuinely shocked to see her face devoid of emotion, unimpressed.

"Prince Jisung, please do not cry. It was not your fault, never will. Don't bow your head in shame." Y/n "reassured" Jisung, and almost immediately his smile returned to his honeycomb face, a tint of blush on his cheeks.

King Han sent for Royal Guards to take care of the body and send Do-Yun's family their apologies. How sweet of him. The ball went on as normal, except the conversation topics were, not surprisingly, on Do-Yun's murder.

Jisung realised his hand strayed from Y/n's, and quickly closed the distance of their palms to touch one another. Y/n had to fight the urge to slap the Prince away. How did everyone let his lame excuse pass by unnoticed? Even her brother and father had relaxed, turning back towards the food tables in delight.

"My princess, thank you for reassuring me. I thought I would break down then and there....
You really are the one for me." He whispered the last part, quiet enough that Y/n couldn't hear.

She looked at him in utter disappointment, taking her palm away gently before plastering a smile onto her soft, pink lips.

"It's no problem, but I can't help but notice the pink in your cheeks. Are you okay Prince?" She questioned, genuine worry overcoming her all of a sudden.
"N-no no I'm okay! It's just that.. your beauty had me baffled." Jisung answered, playing with his fingers in embarrassment.

Y/n smirked in amusement, she hadn't expected the Prince to be so, small towards her. But she also felt uncomfortable none the less, and felt she had to find a way to end to conversation.

"Well, thank you Jisung. I must get going though, or else my father might never leave." She laughed, her voice wavering slightly.

"Your laugh is beautiful, my princess. I'd love to hear it again. Until next time." Jisung stated, opening his arms wide to suggest a hug.

Y/n could feel the stares of the King Han and King Min dig into the back of her skull, pulling her to return the hug. To Jisung's suprise, she wrapped her arms around his waist, prompting him to wrap his arms aimlessly around her shoulders. They were both slightly the same height, besides Y/n being a little bit shorter, so it didn't show any difference.

The King's looked to each other in bliss, admiring the two supposed "lovers" while Yoongi cringed. Although, that love was one sided. The princess retracted first, leaving Jisung slightly upset, a pout on his lips.

"Until next time, Han Jisung." The princess then walked to the door of the ballroom, not even glancing at her family members. But they knew that they had to go, it was all in the walk.

"It was a pleasure being here, till we see you again Han Shu-hyuk." King Min said, before rushing after the disturbed princess's fast steps, pulling his son away from the food table.

Jisung watched her leave with a longing in his eyes. The way her dress swayed behind her as she walked, her (h/l) hair dancing with the wind. Her arms at her side, a true sight of pure beauty.

'She's perfect... what is this feeling? Ah.. what is happening to me..' Jisung thought, his eyes fixed on the hurried figure walking away from him.

"She seems nice Jisung, what about her?" King Han said, standing next to his son. He could sense the passion coming off Jisung's presence. It was unmissable.

"She's the one, father. The only one I can have..."

"I know it."

▪︎︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Sorry it was so short today, writer's block is a burden I have to deal with sometimes. Thanks for reading!!

♡♤◇♧