six: the detective

Another tragedy struck as the people of Weston Way Academy discover the disappearance of Kiara Dario, the student council's vice president.

It was a cold, early morning. Kiara's parents grew suspicious, after not hearing from or even seeing their daughter come home last night. The school brought in some officials to interrogate everyone. It started with the student council, who was very scared and confused because Kiara disappeared right after last week when the school shooting occurred.

"Good morning, Principal Weston. Detective Toreliza, at your service."

A new face came and was welcomed into the campus. He was tall and attractive, his hair was swept back, he also wore a beige suit with a black tie. It was like he came out of a mystery-crime thriller TV show. He'd quirk his eyebrow and plant a serious grin on his face. Side note, he also looked awfully young to be a detective. Detective John Lloyd Toreliza was hired to interrogate because he was a young CSI graduate who wanted to prove himself.

Each person was interrogated individually to see if they have a motive to eliminate Kiara. He interviewed Denise, the head of the council. He asked her a few questions.

"How do you know Kiara Dario?"

"Well, I am the president of our student council. Kiara's the vice."

"Do you hold any type of grudge against her? Any history?"

"Sh— She's... we're kind of rivals, I guess," She notices Toreliza rub a hand on his chin, "But I'm not crazy enough to do something bad to her!"

"Where were you last night, around 6 PM? I was informed that Ms. Dario usually leaves school at that time."

"Yes, uh, we— we're usually the last students to leave school because of students council duties. I was at the office, organizing a presentation for our mental health care project. But she left earlier than me. I stayed for a while then eventually left too..."

"We questioned your parents too and they said you weren't home early that night and you came in a little later than usual. Guards said you left a few minutes after Kiara. Shouldn't you have been home by then?"

Her feet tapped vigorously and made echoed sounds. She wasn't usually this frantic and fidgety, but he doesn't know that. She was glad to be answering to a stranger who doesn't know her personally or any of her agendas.

"I—I'm sorry, you didn't let me finish. Eventually, I left too and met with my friends outside of the campus."

"May I know the names of these friends? Do they go to this school?"

"Yes. Yzabel Divinagracia, Miho Hoshino, and Jao Canlas. We all went on a night drive to unwind. I never meant to break past my curfew."

"Were the other council members suspects? Are any of them suspects?"

Denise was frustrated that he'd ask her that question. She considered framing one of her fellow council kids, but she realized that would be cruel. Who was she to believe that after burying Kiara alive?

The bell had rung, signaling the end of the first period, and students had flooded the halls. Denise approached the three people who were just as terrified as she was.

"What did he ask you? Specifically?" Yzabel started as they huddle by their lockers.

"Okay, I told him that we went out for a night drive last night. I-I didn't know what to say... The detective was so pushy and had a ton of questions." Denise replied. "You didn't say anything else suspicious? We can't underestimate this guy despite his age. What's gonna happen if he gets to the bottom of it?" Miho asked in a hushed tone.