Chapter 9: Kicked In The Ass

"Okay, okay." Ron said. "I won't mention your crush on Spencer again."

Cassie punched him. "You mentioned it."

"Mentioned what?"

"Mentioned the thing that doesn't exist."

The last thing Cassie saw before finally leaving, was Ron lie back down on the ground and laugh.

~~~

After the incident, Cassie and Ron became fast friends. 

Problem with that, was Ron was also a friend of Carl's. 

And Ron liked Enid.

And Enid liked Carl.

And Carl was an oblivious dumbass. 

Cassie was thankful that she was not involved in the hideousness that was teen love. 

"You do realize you have a massive crush on-"

"Can it, Ron." Cassie kicked him, before flipping the page of her comic. 

"You know," Ron said, sitting up on the bed. "I think he likes you too."

Cassie was seconds away from kicking him again with her foot, until what he said registered in her brain. 

"What? No he doesn't."

"Yeah... I'm pretty sure he does."

Against her better instincts, Cassie put the comic down and shifted so she was facing Ron. Faking disinterest she asked, "Well, what makes you think that?"

The corner of Ron's mouth lifted. She regretted asking. 

"He talks to me about you."

"He does?" Cassie mentally kicked herself for dropping the 'disinterest act'. Too late now

Ron nodded, going back to his comic, effectively ignoring Cassie. 

She stared at him, waiting for him to elaborate. When he didn't, Cassie groaned. "What does he say?"

"Thought you didn't care," Ron said, without even looking up. He flipped a page. "I mean, if you didn't like him, I don't see why-"

"Ron!" Cassie's face flushed. "I just want to know, out of like... curiosity."

"Right... curiosity."

"Well?" She prompted.

Ron smiled, putting the comic down and scooting closer to Cassie, to the point where their knees touched.

"He said you were cute."

Cassie's stomach fluttered, and she could feel her cheeks warm up. "Really?"

Ron nodded. "He also said he was gonna ask you out sometime. Just to hang out- super casual."

"He did?" Cassie practically squealed. She hated that she sounded like such a girl

He laughed. "Yep," He said, popping the 'p'. 

"Oh my god," Cassie breathed. She flopped back onto the bed, a smile spreading across her face just thinking about it. He thought she was cute and he was going to ask her out- 

Cassie shot up. "Oh my god. Did he say when? What do I do when he does?"

Ron chuckled. "Nah, he didn't say. I'd guess sometime soon though. And I would think you would say yes."

Cassie sighed, falling back on the bed again with a thump

~~~

The next day- and Cassie can say this with ultimate certainty- kicked her in the ass.