Chapter 33: Piss Pancakes

Sorry about the months wait guys.

~~~

Less than half a second later, Negan's bat crushed Glenn's skull, and Cassie heard Maggie let out a bloodcurdling scream.

Cassie stared in horror, unable to comprehend what just happened.

~~~

Cassie sat on the top step of her house's porch. She stared off into the distance, watching the news of what happen spread among the Alexandrians. 

~

Negan kept smashing the bat into the ground. Glenn's head became nothing but red mush on dark pavement. 

Cassie felt bile rise up in her throat. She tried to shove it down, and embarrassingly, it came up anyways. 

She saw Negan pause and glance over at her, smirking. 

She wanted to punch that stupid, stupid smirk off of his face... but alas, she was too busy throwing up everything she'd eaten in the past week.

"All righty then! Mr. Fearless Leader and I are going to go on a little road trip."

~

She couldn't help but be plagued over what happened. People died. Her best friend almost died and almost lost an arm. She almost died. Her mind kept showing her the vision of flies buzzing around the leftovers of Glenn's head. 

Out of everyone there, Cassie knew she had the least ties to Glenn. It wasn't fair of her to sob her heart out when she only knew him for a short time.

The scenes kept playing in her head over and over and over again. 

~

Negan swung open the door, before throwing Rick on the ground.

"Do you know what that fun little field trip was for?" Negan said, crouching down. All Rick did was stare back. Negan chuckled and pointed Lucille at him. "That. That right there. That trip was because of the way you looked at me. Like I just walked in and pissed on your pancakes. And that- that shit's not gonna fly here. No sir."

Negan stood back up and turned to face everyone else. He scanned the group of sweaty, tear stained faces before landing on Carl's -- who's face happened to be set in a stone cold glare. 

"You, kid. Get over here." 

Carl didn't move an inch. Cassie's heart rate picked up again. No no no not again. Not Carl. Cassie elbowed him from their spots on the ground. 

Carl immediately turned his glare onto Cassie, who did nothing but silently plead with him. 

Negan's voice interrupted their silent conversation. "I won't ask again."

Cassie's vision swam and everything came in flashes.

Carl walked up to Negan. Carl was kneeling.

Negan put a belt on Carl's arm. Why was he doing that?

Rick was crying, Negan was yelling, Rock was swinging an ax towards Carl...

Cassie felt the NO rise in her throat before a hand was clamped over her mouth and yanked her down. She didn't even notice that she was partially standing. 

~

The whole time, she didn't cry. Her eyes were dry. She should have cried. Her face should have been soaking wet, snot running out of her nose, her eyes itching and burning from crying so much.

Yet... nothing.

~

Negan looked out at the trembling group in front of him. Rick and Carl next to him, the dead bodies in the lineup of people. His people surrounding them. A man with his hand clamped around Cassie's mouth, presumably to keep her from doing something stupid-- again. 

Cassie watched him take in the scene, before his eyes landed on Daryl. 

"You," Negan pointed at  Daryl, "Are coming with me." The man nodded towards three Saviors  who grabbed Daryl and threw him in the back of the truck, regardless of Cassie's muffled screams and attempts to get out of Aaron's death grip. 

~

Cassie wasn't going to lie, she was still mad at Aaron for doing that. Did he save her life? Yes. Was she mad regardless? Yes. Her dad got stolen from her, and she couldn't do anything about it. 

Her family was split. Abraham and Glenn, gone. Maggie and Sasha, gone. Daryl, gone. Carol and Morgan, gone. 

Sounds blurred in and out of range. 

Maggie's gasps barely reached her ears. She could vaguely feel Carl's hand in hers... 

Yet even then, she barely felt anything.

Cassie was in shock. That, she knew. People have died before. She's felt this before. Yet somehow, this felt different.

Someone had to be strong. And it was going to be Cassie.