Chapter 32: Pee Pee Pants City

Y'all I'm so excited for this chapter. I swear to god I've had this scene written for e v e r. Enjoy. 

~~~

"Y'all take an alternate route on foot, while I distract them with driving the RV," Eugene said. 

It was then, that Rick, Abraham, Aaron, Maggie, Carl, and Cassie exited the RV and stood along the forest line.

They barely made a dent in the forest, when a haunting whistle started. It grew, and grew, and grew, until the group was led into an opening surrounded by men with guns, and trucks, and when they were confused, and scared, and cold with fear- they were blinded by headlights.

"Welcome to where you're goin'!"

~~~

Cassie's heart thudded in her chest, so much, it hurt to breathe. Without thinking, she grasped Carl's hand next to her and held tightly. 

He glanced at her, but nevertheless, gripped it back. He was scared too

They were in a semi-circle, on the ground, on their knees. 

They watched in horror as two men dragged Michonne, Rosita, Glenn, and Daryl out from the back of a truck. 

If it wasn't for Aaron holding her back on one side, and Carl on the other, she would have ran straight for him.

Cassie looked around in cold fear at her group: Carl, to her left, with a beaten Eugene next to him. Aaron on her right. Next to Aaron, was Sasha, then Rick, Abraham, Rosita, Maggie, Michonne, Glenn, Daryl. Daryl. He was so far away from her. 

Cassie hated how scared she was. She hated how nearly a year ago, Daryl was nothing to her, but some bossy guy who for whatever reason wouldn't let her die. She hated how all of a sudden this random ass man became the closest thing she had to a father. She hated how a year ago, she was doing just fine on her own, and now she's here with her family, worried about them. God, Cassie was sick to her stomach.

"Now, let's meet the man!" The man, whom she'd come to know as Simon, yelled. He knocked on the door to their RV.

Then, a man clad in a black leather jacket, red scarf, barbed wire baseball bat, and greased back hair (how did he even do that in this world?) walked down the steps.

"We pissin' our pants yet? "cause boy, do I think we're gettin' close." He looked around at them, "Yeah, it's gonna be pee pee pants city real soon."

It took her a minute, and then the fog in her brain cleared. The lightbulb of recognition crossed her head. Why the name Negan was so familiar. Why she recognized this man's voice. Why his stupid face looked so damn familiar. 

"Hi, I'm Negan."

Negan Smith, her old gym teacher.

Cassie fought back a laugh of joy. She knew him. She talked to him. Hell, she even went over to his house once with her dad and had dinner with him and his wife. Lucille, she recalled. 

But that was a long time ago, way before the world went to shit. She guessed it was probably like almost five years since she's seen the guy. Three from the apocalypse, two from him getting fired due to some bar fight (at least that's what she's heard). 

"...beat the holy hell out of one of you." 

Cassie's eyes widened in shock, as she tuned back into Negan's welcome speech. What the hell did she miss?

She watched Negan stand up from his crouch in front of Rick and take a few steps back surveying their group. "God, I just can't decide. This here, is Lucille. She's gonna have the honor tonight to bash one of your unlucky skulls in."