Chapter 1

It was a normal day for Jessica, sitting on a rooftop after slaying some bad guys.

"They were weak." She thought to herself, grinning.

She sat on the edge of the rooftop that she often went on after winning a fight. She took of her mask as she admired the view.

Footsteps were heard, she quickly pulled down her mask.

"What do you need?" Deathra said as she turned around to see a black man with a black eyepatch and a long black coat.

She was about to pull a sword out of her belt.

"Woah, calm down. I didn't come to hurt you, the opposite really." The man said. Jessica stared at him. The man stood there for a few seconds trying to analyse her facial expression to figure out what exactly was going on in her mind, "So you're Deathra.".

"The one and only." Jessica replied, one could tell she had a big grin under her mask.

"So, what exactly do you need, eyepatch.?" She said, the grin turning more into a frown.

"The names Nick Fury."

"Eh, eyepatch suits you better." She chuckled. pointing at his, well, eyepatch.

"We've been watching you for some time now and-"

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down. You've been watching me? Stalkerish much." She whispered, loud enough for Fury to hear, "I know I'm cute and all but no need to stalk me." She said with a chuckle.

The man gave her a death stare, causing her to stop laughing and shut up. "Anyways, I'm with an organisation with the name of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Jessica scoffed "If you have something to do with the government then I'm out."

"I'm guessing you aren't the biggest fan of the government then?" Eyepatch asked, intrigued.

"No." Jessica replied, not giving a reason.

Nick stood there waiting for a few seconds, thinking she was going to continue and explain why exactly she disliked the government.

"So what exactly is it you is want." Jessica said sternly.

"Well you see, I am part of-"

Jessica cut him off, "Just get to the point."

Nick gave her a death state while Jessica stood there, unphased. "Have you heard of the avengers?"

Jessica immediately turned her gaze towards him.

Taking this as a yes, Nick continued "Well, we've decided you would be the perfect recruit to join the team."

Jessica looked at him shocked "You mean THE avengers?"

The man nodded. "I'm guessing your a fan" he sighed.

Jessica scoffed, "A fan? I'm the total opposite! The avengers always show up by the time I'm done fighting villains and have left, and then steal all MY credit. They act like they own the city. You know who has to fix everything once they finish destroying the city while so called 'fighting'? Me." She blurted.

"So, I'm guessing that's a no then." Nick commented, frowning at what Deathra had just said to him.

"You think?" She mumbled.

"Well I'm still going to need to know who you are." Nick added, reaching his hand out to grab Deathra's mask.

She disappeared.

"Don't even think about it, pirate." She commented.

The man turned around to see she was now behind him. "How did you-"

"Teleportation." Jessica explained, "I don't use it much in front of other people."

The man stood and stared at her.

"Anyways, got to go, nice meeting you eyepatch!" She remarked as she jumped of the roof and disappeared, teleporting herself to a dark alley.

Jessica quickly changed out of her costume and into normal clothes.

By the time she got to her apartment the girl was exhausted, slumping down into the sofa.

She switched on the tv and turned on the news

"Oh Shit."
—————————
A/N: I FINISHED CNDNDND ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER LET ME KNOW SOME IDEAS FOR THE SERIES IN THE COMMENTS

640 words