Chapter 8

Bang

"Is she okay?!" She could make out someone saying.

"She's still breathing so that's good."

She opened her eyes slowly but couldn't make out who was in front of her. Everything was blurry.

"Mischief?" She asked.

No one responded. She could see them in front of her staring at her.

Shit. Who are these guys?! She worried. Had she been kidnapped?

She quickly put her hand up to head. Thank goodness She thought to herself My mask is still on.

I need to find out how to escape wherever I am. She quickly stood up from whatever bed she was lying on. She brought her hand to her head for a second as she felt dizzy. She could feel blood where her hand was Shit, I'm bleeding. I need to teleport back to my house. She didn't know if there was still people in the room with her and if there was they were either being really quiet or she just couldn't hear anything.

She tried teleporting but couldn't. It was like something was blocking her from doing so? She tried again. Still nothing. And again. Still, nothing.

"You're still pretty weak." She heard a voice say. She turned around to see a fuzzy image of a tall man. She could make out some of his features. He was wearing a suit, and had a beard.

She faced him, rubbing her head which still hurt. "Who- Who's there?" She asked.

"Ah- your vision must be quite blurry then." He responded, "You don't even recognise my voice?"

Who does this guy think he is?

"I'm sorry- I... Can you just tell me who you are please?" She asked.

"Iron Man."

"Shit bags." She said, hearing him chuckle from her response.

"Where am I?" She asked him.

"Stark tower."

She paused for a moment as she blinked, trying to stop her head from hurting.

"You're bleeding in my carpet."

"We'll I cant really control that? Can I?" She responded.

"Maybe you shouldn't have been so stupid and gone and got yourself blown up."

"You're a real jerk, you know that."

"It's my speciality."

She rolled her eyes. Her head still hurting.

"Right, well. I really should be going." She stood up pausing for a moment as her body swung for a bit trying to get used to the sudden motion.

"You shouldn't be going in your current state." He told her.

"I have better things I need to do and I don't need you keeping me prisoner." She walked towards to elevator she could make out. Her vision coming back to her now.

"I'm sorry but I cant let you leave."

"We'll, I'm leaving anyways."

She entered the elevator. A voice  suddenly speaking. "Unknown person in elevator." It repeated these words multiple times.

"The stairs it is." She muttered to herself.

As she made her way to the stairs she heard footsteps behind her.

"I'm serious. You cant leave."

"I'm gonna have to decline your offer, sorry." She turned around, responding to him.

"It's either you stay or I make you."

"Yeah... no, I just got so much second hand embarrassment from you saying that."

As she walked down the stairs she felt a hand on her shoulder she quickly pushed the hand off, but in doing so she tripped. Crap.

She felt herself drifting out of consciousness as she rolled down the stairs.

———————————————

When she woke up she was in a room. Not really a room. She couldn't really tell what it was. It was some kind of glass box thing. But not glass. When she tried to touch 'the wall' she felt a force push her back. What is that?

She saw a familiar face walking into the room. Iron Man.

"Look, I didn't purposely try to push you down the stairs or anything." He said.

"Yeah, yeah. Now let me out."

"Sorry. No can do."

"You know, you're being a real dick."

"Me? A dick? Nah. I'm the hero here."

Jessica smirked. "You're the hero huh? I guess that makes me the villain."

Poof.

She was now out of the 'box' and in the comfort of her bedroom, as she had teleported herself.

"Damn. That sounded badass!" She smirked to herself.

—————

703 words