Chapter 4

"Nice to finally meet you, Spider-Man."

Immediately, the boy turned around and shot a web at Jessica; predicting this, she ducked and it missed her.

"Did you really think that would get me?" She chuckled.

Instead of replying he continued shooting multiple webs until Deathra was sticking on to a wall.

"Hmm, you're stronger than I thought." She said as she teleported to appear behind the kid, brushing off the webs left on her.

"Not as strong as me though." Jessica immediately used her telekinesis to throw Peter against a wall.

"Look, kid," Jessica started speaking, "I don't want to hurt you."

"From the way your acting, I'd think quite differently." He replied, crouched down on the ground.

"Spiderman, or- should I call you Peter?" Jessica continued speaking before being interrupted by Peter. "How do you know my name?!" Peter said shocked. It was clear to Jessica the colour had just drained from his face.

"That doesn't matter, I just need a few questions answered." Jessica finally said.

"You think I'll answer any questions from you? Hell no." Peter said as he shot out a web up to a building and fled Jessica.

"So much for being nice." Jessica whispered to herself before teleporting up to where he had gone.

"If you think you can escape me, clearly you don't know who I am."

"Yeah, well I can at least try." He smirked as he swung off.

——————

After what felt like an hour, Jessica felt herself getting tired chasing after the kid, although she was only a few years old than him, she still had less energy.

She stood on a rooftop, watching the kid from a far enough distance that if he tried something she would be able to attack.

As the kid realised she had given up, she saw him shout towards someone.

Before she could process who or what he had shouted to she felt something blast her against a wall.

She groaned. "I just can't get a break, can I?"

She looked up to see who it was, Shit she thought.

"So we meet again, Deathra." He smirked.

"Yeah, yeah let's skip the talking - are you gonna try and capture me or not?" She asked, annoyed at the tin man in front of her.

"I'm still thinking about it, but right now I want to know what you wanted with Spider-Man?" He asked.

"You mean Peter?" She smirked, "Honestly I wanted nothing with the poor kid."

"Wait, how do you know his- you know what, never mind that. You're bullshitting and we both know it. Tell me what you really wanted."

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question?" She replied.

Tony looked at her, confused as to what she was talking about.

"You're boss, Eyepatch, trying to find out my real identity?" She expanded.

Tony opened his mouth to answer before being knocked out.

Deathra laughed, not taking anything seriously as usual. Before realising he really was knocked out. She stared at him in shock for a second before trying to get his attention.

"Yo! Iron guy, dude- are you even alive??" She questioned him.

As Deathra stood over the unconscious man she heard some cough in front of her. She immediately looked up to see who it was.

"Nice to see you Deathra!" She saw Mad Mischief's iconic grin.

"What are you doing?!" Deathra whisper-shouted as she teleported her and Mischief into an alley.

As they reached the alley, Mischief clutched his stomach and groaned, "Still not used to that." He said.

"What are you thinking?!" Jessica interrupted him.

"So much for hello.." he responded, taking to himself loud enough for Jessica to hear.

"You're already on the avengers' bad side and and just went ahead and knocked out Iron Man?!" Jessica sighed, "Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that head of yours.."

"Well- I- Um.. I thought maybe you needed some help?" Mischief told her, scratching the back of his head.

Jessica sighed, thinking of how to get Mischief out of this.

"It's not like there were any witnesses- well any from the avengers anyways." Mischief finally remarks.

"Spiderman was there." Jessica stated staring at Mischief.

Now he was freaking out. "What?! I made sure to check if anyone was around... I thought it was safe! What am I gonna do?! Their all definitely after me now. What am I going to do D!"

"Calm down, I'll keep you safe, most of them are afraid of me anyways." She told him.

He thanked her before thinking for a moment, "How exactly am I meant to get in touch with you if I need help?" He asked.

"Ah- good question." Jessica stated. "Uh- I'm sure I'll be around, you know, just call my name or something.." She started rambling not knowing what to say.

Mischief stared at her blankly. There was an uncomfortable silence between the two.

"Well, look at the time.. um I better go!" Jessica said teleporting into some other alley.

To be honest, Jessica didn't check the time, nor did she really know what time it was. She just wanted to get out of that awkward situation.

After changing out of her costume, she realised this wasn't the normal alley she changes in.

She looked around blankly, not knowing what to do. She couldn't exactly teleport anywhere because if anyone saw her she'd be screwed.

She walked down the unknown alley, before hearing a scream.

On instinct she ran towards where the voice was. She stopped in her tracks, horrified at what was happening before her eyes.

————————————————————

currently trying to get out of a writers block lol- is it even called that if it's been a writing block for like 6 months? idk I'm just rambling. Anyways, I'm gonna try to start keeping this wattpad more alive by trying to upload more frequently.

975 words