Chapter 3

Jessica cut Mischief off as she grabbed onto him and teleported the two away.

They eventually found themselves in an alley in the middle of nowhere.

Mischief was more confused as he tried to grasp what had just happened while Jessica was hunched down giggling to herself.
"How are you laughing?!"

Jessica paused as Mischief questioned her.
"What? I'm not allowed to laugh now?" She replied before she continued chuckling to herself.
"Do you understand what just happened?!!" Mischief exclaimed, looking worried.
"Yeah, you kidnapped someone; you got attacked by the avengers, we beat them. You know, the usual." Jessica rolled her eyes.
"No! You don't understand!" Mischief shouted. Jessica was now looking at him, concerned. "They're going to be after me now; I'm so screwed!!"

Jessica laughed at Mischief, "Yo, don't worry about i-" Jessica's eyes widened as she realised the time.

"Shit!" she shouted. "I'm late."
"Are you okay?" Mischief asked, concerned about his friend.
"Yeah, gotta go! Good luck on your whole avengers' situation; bye!"
"B-" before Mischief could say goodbye, Deathra had already teleported away.
"I thought we'd have more time to hang out.." Mischief sighed to himself.

"No, no, no, no, no!!!!!" Jessica was at her apartment, changing into her uniform. "This is the 5th time this month I've been late! I can't be fired. This is the only place willing to hire me!"

Jessica ran out of her apartment, looking like a mess, to the cafe where she worked.

She was out of breath by the time she arrived. "Damn, I really need to work out more. This is such a bad stitch."

She was immediately greeted by her boss, Viola.
"Ah, look who turned up. You're late."
Jessica looked up at Viola. Viola Barnes, dark brown, elbow-length hair with the most beautiful brown eyes. She may seem sweet and innocent at first, but she can be strict when she wants to.

"This is the 5th time this month you've turned up late. What's your excuse this time?"
"There was too much traffic.." Jessica started.
"You walk to work and we both know it."
"I'm so sorry Ms Barnes, I really am." Jessica pleaded.

"This is the last time I will allow you to be this late." Viola stated. "Now go get ready in the staff room."

After sorting out her messy hair and clothes, Jessica went out to serve some customers.

Great. She thought, My first customers are a teenage couple.
Now, you make think it can't be that bad, but teenagers were the worst customers in Jessica's opinion. They were always so indecisive and blunt and, worst of all, they never gave tips.

As Jessica approached the two, she analysed their features; a boy with brown, messy hair and hazel eyes. He looked quite tense. First date maybe? Meanwhile, the girl looked and acted completely different. She had a tanned skin colour with brown curly hair and her eyes were beautiful. She had a teasing look to her, obviously enjoying the way she intimidated the poor boy. As she got closer, she recognised the hoodie the boy was wearing. She realised they must go to Midtown High School.

As she was nearing the table, she recognised the boy's figure as she stared at him, but couldn't quite point her finger to it. Realising what she was doing, she stopped staring at him before he noticed.

"Hi, my name's Jessica. I'll be serving you today." She said forcing a smile onto her face.
"Hi Jessica, u-uh could I have.. Umm.." the boy started
"I'll have a strawberry milkshake and a donut, please." The girl stated.

She mentally rolled her eyes. The girl had just interrupted the poor boy.
"Peter?" the girl said, "What are you gonna get?" Peter, it's a nice name, suits him.
"I'll get an e-espresso and a... croissant, please." Peter finally said.
Two very different orders for two very different people.
"One strawberry milkshake, one donut, one espresso, and one croissant coming right up."
She rolled her eyes as she walked away.

She made her way over to the kitchen and boiled the kettle while going to fetch the croissant and donut from the bakery section. Once the kettle was boiled, she made the espresso and finally made the milkshake afterwards. She put the different items on a tray and made her way over to the table.

As She was walking over to the desk she saw Peter and the other girl were chatting more. Ah, young love.

"Here's your order," she stated as she slid the tray onto the table and they took their different drinks and food. "Have a great day!" she smiled as she walked away.

After around 15 minutes of the two talking and finishing their meals, they paid and left.

Jessica stood in shock as she saw the tip; £5 from 2 teenagers! Now that's a shock.

——

After Jessica finished her shift, she said goodbye to Ms Barnes and exited the cafe.

As she was leaving, she spotted the boy, Peter. She remembered his name. He was sitting in the park looking around, as if to make sure no one was following him.

Jessica turned around to walk home, but a little voice in her head told her to follow the boy. As everyone knows, you should always trust your conscience and so she did. As the boy got up and started walking, she slowly walked a fair distance behind him, hoping he would suspect nothing.

After around 15 minutes of endless walking, the boy slipped into an alley. This was her chance. Jessica teleported to her apartment and got changed into Deathra and teleported into the alley where the boy had slipped into.

I know the voices in my head aren't real, but damn, do they come up with some great ideas. Jessica thought to herself.

She stood behind the boy and watched as he stuffed his clothes into his backpack after changing into a costume.

"Nice to finally meet you, Spider-Man."
—————————————————————
1002 words