16.

Ellie followed the guitarist across the dance floor

Ellie followed the guitarist across the dance floor. Her arms tucked tightly against her sides, eyes fluttering over the drunken dancers that were around her. Dave led her to a table that had no one around except for Dave. He plopped down, and he patted the seat next to him. Carefully she slid in and looked at him with a smile. It had been forever since she had seen the man, and it was apparent he was trying something. What was this something? She couldn't tell.

"So you've been working at a bar since I last saw you?" He was still shouting over the music, but he was now gathered closer to her. She glanced at him with a shrug, her hand clasping the drink carefully. She could see a looming long-haired figure from the corner of her eye. It had to be Anthony, just staring like some creep! She scooted closer to Dave, her arm hooking around his. Her head is tilting to the side slightly.

"Easy money. Great tips from some guys...Just from showing some tits." She smiled down at her chest, then back up at Dave. It had caught the eye of the man. His tongue grazed over his lip as he gulped.

"Y-Yeah..." He sputtered out, chewing his lip. His calloused hand caressed the exposed skin under her shirt, just admiring her for a moment. She had grown since he last saw her. Sure it had been a few months, but definitely, months could change a lot of things. Her hair had gotten longer, and her makeup seemed to become darker, her clothing tighter. Dave peered from the corner of his eye. Anthony was watching with a girl wrapped around his neck. Dave's trained his eyes on the hand that caressed the side of the girl he loved. Ever since Dave found out they were coming into town, Anthony had been talking about Ellie. He was hoping and praying that maybe he would run into her, be able to make amends. Dave knew that she might not want to go back to Anthony; he had fucked up big time, so she might not like him. The way she was cuddled up to him said she was over the singer. He was surprised, though, to see the singer approaching their table. The girl that was once hanging off his neck was now hand in hand with him.

"Mind if we sit with you and drink?" Anthony hummed. Ellie's eyes shot up to the singer, her chest aching at the sight of his hand intertwined with some random woman. She looked cozied up to him, but what did she care? She wasn't his girlfriend!

"Go right ahead." She hummed, gesturing to the empty spot in front of them. Anthony slid in, tugging his date inside with him. He sat directly across Ellie. She glanced down at the drink, stirring the ice around with her straw. Anthony was just watching. Ellie's movement seemed nervous, like she didn't want to be there be around him. They were going to have to face this one day.

"Could you stop looking at me?" She suddenly snapped. Her eyes shut as she rubbed her face. She pushed herself out of her seat and rushed off into the group of people. The general thought of Anthony staring at her was enough to make her, fall over the edge. Those eyes. Piercing into her, it brought back all those thoughts of what they once were. It sent a shutter through her body. 

Watching her walk away, Anthony threw himself out of the chair and rushed off to her quickly. Fuck his date. He followed the flowing blonde hair, as the two of them weaved through the crowd. He watched as Ellie's shoulder shoved into the door, disappearing into the cold night air. He followed closely behind, running to catch up. His hand grappled onto her wrist, whipping her around. Her eyes were wide, staring up at the singer as he pulled her close. 

"What is wrong with you?!" Anthony demanded with a furrow brow. She was choked up, shocked he would even come running after her. 

"What's wrong with me?! Anthony you have just been tormenting my mind for so long! You're always there and it seems each time I look over my shoulder its YOU!" She shouted. Her finger prodded into his chest, hot tears welling in her eyes. Anthony just stared at her silently. Unsure what to say or do. "Every moment you are on my mind! The thought of what I lost was the worst. I loved you Anthony! And...And you fucked that up!" His eyes softened as he looked down at her with a frowned. 

"I love you.." He cupped her face in his hands, leaning down to press his lips against hers. She was almost frozen, mentally pinching herself. He was bold, and he loved her. Anthony loved her. With that moment of hesitation, her arms hooked around his neck, fingers tangling their way into long hair as she melded their lips together. She was kissing him again, she was in his arms again. She was with him. He was with her. This was a moment she had been dreaming about, thought about for so long. The moment was short, yet perfect, as he pulled away from her. His eyes studied her face, trying to determine what she was thinking. She looked frozen, her eyes still screwed shut, and her body is relaxed into his. Her hands gripped onto his shirt desperately as if he was going to suddenly vanish. 

"I'm right here, Ellie. I'm sorry." He whispered as their foreheads pressed together. The reassurance relaxed her body further. Her hands moving down to his biceps as she did. God, just to hold her meant the world to him. She wasn't running away from him. 

"Don't ever leave me again."