15.

Weeks turned into months that Anthony last saw Ellie's bright happy face

Weeks turned into months that Anthony last saw Ellie's bright happy face. Her laughter was what he missed the most. She would laugh at almost anything he did, it usually would be her calling him an idiot but she would still be laughing. He wondered what she was doing. Was she crying? Was she sleeping with another guy? What about that Noah guy? Thoughts of her constantly violated his mind. He couldn't help but worry about her.

Ellie on the other hand had spent most of her time moving into a new apartment within LA. She wouldn't say she was happy, but she had gotten a job! She was now working as bartender in a rather decent place. It was swarmed with famous people. She found herself getting hit on by Billie Joe from Green Day, all of Sum 41 and even running into Axl Rose. He was a dick, but for some reason he tipped well.

The man she spent time with ran across her mind from time to time. Just thinking about what he could be doing while he was on tour, all the women he was sleeping with...caused her to get angry and shove him away from her thoughts. It wasn't that she didn't love him, she did, but being treated like she was his property. Ever since Noah she had simply promised she wouldn't let that happen again.

Tonight wasn't any different from the last few nights she had been working. Running back and forth between customers, ignore the pervy ones and tend to the messes that happened along the way. Through the chatter around she didn't have the ability to hear the music that was blaring. RHCP's cover of Higher Ground pulsed through the place, many dancing around aggressively, hitting one another along the way.

"Hey! Blondie! Can I get another beer?"
"Hey I need some shots!"
"Hurry up!"

All these requests caused Ellie just to keep her head down and ignore the person watching her closely. Anthony's head tilted to the side, admiring her. The whole the room around him vanishing. His empty glass slipping through his grip and smashing to the ground. Her head shot up hearing the break. Suddenly their eyes met, her heart jumping to her throat.

This was the last thing she needed today. Him on the other hand, this was the highlight of it.

"Why are you here?" Ellie was sweeping up the glass shards. Anthony stood over her shoulder trying to find the words.

"Well I live in this area...and needed a drink." He told her bluntly.

"Hmm.."

"Aren't you happy to see me?"

"Why would I be excited to see you? I was doing fine without you Anthony." She rolled her eyes and walked back behind the bar. He just stared at her until he felt a hand on his back.

"Lets get back out there man," Flea spoke and pushed him back. Ellie made eye contact with Flea who gave an awkward wave to her. She nodded her head and looked away as she went back to her job.

Anthony flopped down in the booth next to Chad. He leaned his head against the table. A soft groan coming his throat.

"She just... ignored me!" He shook his head.

"Anthony... You can't expect her to just come running back to you!" Flea said.

"Who are we talking about?" Chad asked sipping his beer.

"Ellie." Both men spoke up. Anthony sighed and shook his head. He rested his chin on his hand just watching her run back and forth serving different drinks. Her hair was pulled back, strands of her blonde hair cascaded down her forehead. She looks over at him and he quickly turned away clearing his throat.

"She's the one who flirted with you and slept with you, but then said she didn't want to be with you man. You shouldn't she upset with her for her stupid choice." Chad shrugged his shoulders, drumming his fingers against the counter.

Anthony just stayed quiet. Maybe he was right, she did this...She shouldn't be the one hurting. He pushed his hair back and sighed.

As the night went on, Ellie stayed at the bar. She slung drinks out to drunken people, and kept her eyes out for Anthony. Something made her want to see him again, have him see her again. She was crazy to be in love with him still...it wouldn't work though or at least she thought. She let out a sigh as a voice pulled her from her thoughts. Her eyes widened a little bit seeing Dave standing in front of them.

"Hey, Ellie!" He said leaning over the counter hugging her. She squeezed him tight completely shocked at the man standing in front of her now. She was shocked he was even here!

"Hi Dave! Can I get you something to drink?"

"As long as you have it with me?"

"I'm...about to go to a lunch break.."