4.

Ellie walked out pulling her hair in a bun while holding the hair tie in her mouth

Ellie walked out pulling her hair in a bun while holding the hair tie in her mouth. Haley watched her and did a little dance pouring coffee into a travel cup. "Do my parents even know we're going this early?" Ellie asked worried and started to lug her items to the door.

"Yes they do, and you know how your grandmother has like a family place there?" Haley told her leaning against the counter just plan old watching instead of helping.

"Of course I do you fucking creep, it's my own grandmother." Ellie sat on the floor by her things and laid back on them putting her hands behind her head. She had gotten no sleep that night and had a rude early awakening by her best friend of many many years. All that was on her mind was the guy in the passenger seat of that white SUV, there was just something about him that stuck with her and it wasn't until she had an elastic band snapped into her face that she realized she had completely spaced out and was no longer listening to Haley speak. "Sorry Haley, what were you saying?" She asked rubbing her forehead where the elastic had hit her.

"I was saying asshole, that your parents told me about it and gave me the fucking keys so we can go in and just chill." She explained and walked towards her room to get her things. "It's better than spending all our money on a hotel because the bus tickets are going to cost a shit ton, and then we have stuff to save for food and what not." Ellie nodded and pursed her lips looking at the clock on the wall. She pulled up her crop top that was under her extremely low hanging pair of overalls and rubbed her stomach that growled loudly.

"How long do you plan on staying there? We have limited money, and obviously mom and dad are going to need help." Ellie called loudly to Haley who just shrugged slightly as she came out lugging a bag full of clothes. Her skateboard was under her arm and her sunglasses were on top of her short black hair that was in a pixie cut. She had thrown on a Gun 'N Roses shirt, with high waisted jeans, and some black boots.

"About three weeks, we have enough for that." Haley said and sat down on the couch. "Where are your shoes shit head?" She asked looking at Ellie's bare feet that were only covered by a pair of dinosaur socks.

"Over there." She pointed to a pair of timberlands by the island in the kitchen. She got up and walked over like a child sitting down and spreading her legs grabbing one boot and started to put it on slowly.

"Hurry up, lets go bitch!!" Haley said jumping up excitedly and running to the door.

"Okay the fucking language, we are people of the Lord and I do not fucking appreciate it." Ellie said pointing her finger at her friend going faster with getting her shoes on and then stood up excitedly. She grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder with a grunt, following her friend quickly. Her body waddled side to side because the weight was displaced with one side being heavier than the other and Haley took notice bursting into laughter watching. "Keep walking ass face." Ellie told her grinning as they neared the elevator. Haley kicked the button with the bottom of her shoe and waited patiently. When the doors opened they glanced inside and when they found that it was completely empty they walked in tossing their bags down in either corner. The whole way to the bus terminal, Ellie just thought about her life and was praying to God that she could use this trip as a way to cleanse herself and hopefully not fall into her dark times again of depression.

Depression first hit Ellie when she was a freshman in high school because her grandmother, whom she was extremely close with, passed away and that meant she had no one to talk to anymore. She couldn't even express her feelings to her own fucking parents because they were constantly busy and never really asked her what was wrong. It was a trip to California where she started to drink in the house they were going to stay. She started to drink very heavily and did for 6 years, but it was Haley who pulled her out and got her into help just last year. A frequent beer once in a while was something that she could do but most likely shouldn't and last night's drink brought some urges back but that wasn't something she was too worried about acting upon unless things got super bad. She also thought about how Noah. He knew about her grandmother's place in California and she worried that Haley had told him about the trip they were taking. She knew he would become obsessed with finding her and she wanted to spend as much time as possible out of Grand Rapids as she could so he would leave her the hell alone. She flinched when Haley pinched her on the back of her arm and looked around realizing they were parked at the bus terminal.
"We're here!" Haley told her and smiled widely popping the trunk happily and throwing open the door and getting out.

"I need a cigarette." Ellie said frowning and pulling out a pack that was kept in the glove box taking one out.

"Put it down!" Haley yelled and threw a shoe at her. Ellie groaned and tossed them in childishly before getting out and going to get her bag. "You don't need it. You broke that a while ago." Haley said when she stood next to her to grab her bag. Ellie nodded slowly and bit her lip rubbing her neck gently.

"Yeah I know." She mumbled

"I shouldn't have given you that beer either and I'm sorry about that." Her best friend said putting her hand on her back supportively as they walked to the terminal. They went to the front desk to a girl that was missing a couple teeth, and a was a bit trashy, but had gotten her life together. "Tickets to California. Please. Two." Haley said.

Ellie glanced around the terminal it was obviously very gross and unkempt. It smelt oddly and it made her sick to her stomach but it seemed that they didn't have to wait long to get on the bus. There were a couple weird guys with balding hair and awkward facial hair. The trip was going to be 2 days to get there but they were just going to stop at different terminals, and get food and then get back on the bus when they needed. They sat far away from the creepy guys who weren't thankfully going with them. Within 20 minutes they were boarding the bus with a few others. Haley and Ellie sat together, they had blankets and wrapped themselves up curling in the seats happily.
"I can't wait to get out of this fucking town." Haley whispered and shut her eyes leaving Ellie to stare out the window and to think about what was waiting for her in California.