12

"So, let's see if I've been following along. You two were married, had a child, Camille beat that child when he was two years old, she was arrested for abusing him, and you two got divorced." "All of that is true and I'd like to formally apologize for my appalling behavior. It was completely unprofessional and inappropriate. The moment I saw her, I just saw red. That is in no way an excuse for my behavior, however." "No, it's valid. I'm a mother myself and if my daughter's father put his hands on her, I'd be enraged every time I saw him." Claire turns around and glares daggers at Camille, who flinches back a bit. Magnus chooses not to say another word, clasping his hands together behind his back.

"And you. I left my daughter with you numerous times throughout her life, did you put your hands on her?!" "I would never! I love Jackie as if she were mine!" "But you abused YOUR son! How do I know you didn't hurt her?!" "I promise I never laid a hand on Jackie, I never hurt her." "But you had no problems beating your toddler. I can't fucking believe this. I want you out of my wedding and out of my life, give me your spare key." "You can't be fucking serious, I'm your maid of honor!" "Oh I'm dead serious. Your key. Now." Camille glares at Magnus before doing as she was told, storming out of the building. Before anyone can say another word, Catarina starts cackling as she leans back in her chair.

"Oh shit! I've waited YEARS for that bitch to try with you and I'm so happy I got to see it! Her face! Oh, you should've seen her face when she turned around! Fuck, please tell me the security cameras are recording!" "Catarina, please." "What?! She destroyed my nephew and betrayed my best friend, I'm not hiding my pleasure from this!" Cat gets up from her desk and does a little happy dance in celebration, much to the amusement of everyone else in the room. Magnus turns his attention back to his client, noticing the bride-to-be has gone silent. He takes in her anxious posture and furrowed brow, offering a hand in support. Claire takes it with a long exhale from her nose, shaking her head.

"I really hate to do this to you but I'm going to have to cancel next week. I'm now down a maid of honor and I don't know if I'll be able to get a new one with a full bridal party by next Wednesday." "Don't apologize to me, it's your wedding that's been potentially halted. If you'd like, I'll keep the reservation for Wednesday at 3 in the event things get sorted before then. If not and you do indeed need to cancel, I'll refund your deposit and we can try to squeeze you in once things get resolved." "No, please, keep the money. My contract clearly stated no refund on the deposit and I don't want you bending the rules for me especially since I brought your ex wife into your business." "I insist. In the event that we do cancel, you will have a full refund." "Thank you, Mr. Bane." "My pleasure." Magnus hugs Claire before watching her leave with her friends, rubbing his temples once the door shuts. He walks up to the front of the studio and locks the door, changing the sign to 'CLOSED' before walking to his best friend.

"That's enough excitement for today, don't you think? Take the afternoon off, I'll pay you for the day." "That altercation was payment enough, truthfully. I'll stop by tonight with some beers if you'd like?" "I'll check with Alexander, I just want to be home with my boys and baby girl." "Look at you, all domesticated." "Excuse you, I've been a devoted father for quite sometime now." "But you haven't wanted to just be home with your family often, not like this. Even with your devotion to Raph, you still left him at least twice a week to go out. You even left him at Alec's before you even met the guy. You're not like that anymore, you're more grounded with your little family." "I didn't just-" Magnus freezes, thought stuck on his tongue. Realization properly hits him when he remembers that he actually DID used to leave his son with a complete stranger while he went on whatever date caught his attention. Catarina looks at her friend and raises an eyebrow, taking in his shock and remorse.

"What's up? Mag? What's wrong?" "I... I left my own son with some stranger I didn't even bother to meet! I just left my baby in someone's home who I didn't even know the NAME of! What must Alexander think of me?! He's supposed to trust me with his children and I shouldn't even be trusted with my own!" "Magnus, breathe. Calm down. That was a low blow and I'm sorry but it won't do any good to spiral now." "But-!" "No. No buts. Go home, talk to Alec if it's really bugging you." Magnus exhales slowly and nods, grabbing his things and heading to his car. He takes a moment and just sits behind the wheel, trying to quell his guilt long enough to get home. Before he can turn his car on, a text comes in from someone he didn't expect today.