5

Alec leaves to go pick up the boys from school, leaving Magnus with Madzie. The older man is currently lying on the floor, guiding her on how to crawl better since her moves are still very uncoordinated. Madzie reaches for him and tries to move quicker, but ends up with her face in the blanket. She lifts her face up and giggles a bit. Magnus smiles as he sits up.

"Looks like your daddy raises a strong baby girl, huh? If this was papa, he would be crying horribly." Madzie starts giggling and crawls sloppily over to Magnus again. He smiles and opens his arms to her. The front door opens and Alec watches. Max and Raphael sit on the couch  and stay quiet as Madzie crawls over to Magnus, resting a tiny chubby hand on his knee. He picks her up and kisses her cheek.

"Good job, sweetie!" Alec sits beside Magnus and kisses his cheek. "Helping her crawl?" "Mhm. She's getting better." "Well she does have an excellent teacher." Magnus grins and kisses Alec's cheek as he watches his sons sit closer to them. "She should probably eat soon, I think we all should. For once we have Magnus with us for your after school lunch." "I'll handle lunch since you're already making dinner tonight, Alexander." "No I got it. Can you just feed Madzie her bottle before she eats her other foods? After that she's probably going to nap." "Alright." Magnus adjusts the baby in his arms and heads to the kitchen to prepare a bottle while Alec sets up the TV for the boys before thy do their homework.

"You guys can watch cartoons until after you finish eating, then you can start your homework. Remember me and Magnus are both here if you need help at all." "Thanks, dad!" "Thanks, Alec!" The adult in the trio kisses both boys on the top of the head before heading to the kitchen, just in time to see Magnus testing the temperature of the formula before feeding it to a bib-clad Madzie. Alec smiles and kisses Magnus on the cheek before getting what he needs to make sandwiches for the four of them and the jar of baby food for Madzie. The older of the couple goes to the living room to keep an eye on the boys as he feeds the baby, making sure that the two behave and that he stays out of Alec's way.

No more than two minutes later, Alec calls the others to the dining room. Max and Raphael sit beside each other as Magnus sits on the other side of Madzie's high chair. Alec sits at his spot, placing the baby chair between him and his boyfriend, and passes Magnus his lunch. Once Madzie finishes her bottle and gets burped over her papa's shoulder, she's placed in her chair so Alec can give her a bit of her baby food while he eats.

"Alexander, you already made lunch let me feed Madzie." "Nope. Let me feed my family, which includes feeding my daughter while I eat so that you can relax." "If you insist." "I do." Both men smirk at each other while Madzie starts babbling, prompting her father to start feeding her. By the time that everyone is finished eating, the baby girl starts showing signs that she's tired. Alec cleans her face off while Magnus and the boys put their plates in the sink.

"Max, grab your backpack and sit at the table please. Raphael, you too." "But daddy I want to watch more cartoons first!" "Maxwell." "Fine!" "Thank you." "Here I got yours, Max." "Thanks, Raph." Magnus washes the dishes while watching the exchange. "I'm going to put Madzie down for her nap. Mags, you good to just keep an eye on them for a minute?" "You forget that one of the boys is my son already." "But you haven't tried to get them both to start their homework before." Alec gives a knowing grin as he takes a yawning Madzie to her nursery. Magnus chuckles softly and turns his attention to his son and his potential son. Max starts to just play with his pencil while Raph pretends to be reading. The Bane adult rolls his eyes affectionately before getting both boys attention.

"C'mon you two. The sooner you start, the sooner you finish and get to play. If you need any help, let me know." "But it's boooooorring!" "Well that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, Max." "We don't wanna do it. Right, Raph?" "Right! Please, Papa?" "What would Alexander say?" "He would say it doesn't matter and both of you need to start before I take away tv time for the next two days." Alec's voice comes through from the baby monitor and the two kindergarteners immediately start their work. Magnus smiles to himself and goes to the nursery, seeing Alec closing Madzie's onesie back up before cradling her close. The older male grins and places a hand on Alec's shoulder. The Lightwood grins at his boyfriend and continues to slowly sway with his daughter in his arms.

"Told you, Mags." "Lesson learned, leave the boys to mama." "Hey." "C'mon, don't kill my fantasies." "By the angel, please stop." "By the angel?" "It's a family swear I guess, mom always used it and now my siblings and I use it." "Ah. Well in that case, by the angel." Magnus exaggeratedly checks Alec out as he places a now sleeping Madzie in her crib. The Lightwood father blushes and looks down, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. The Bane father grins and kisses his cheek before going back to check on the boys. Max and Raphael are both working on their homework, not wanting to lose their TV time. Alec comes out a few minutes later after turning on a loud fan in the hallway. Magnus raises an eyebrow.

"You know, I see you do that fairly often when she naps. Why is that?" "The loud noise from the fan helps her sleep I notice plus it drowns us out so there's no need to be extra quiet while she rests." The Indonesian man nods in understanding before checking the homework sheets over the boys heads. "Raph, honey, you've been stuck on that question for a few minutes now. Would you like any help?" "No I gotta do it! If I don't do it then I won't learn it!" "That's not true, buddy. Here, let me check it over." Alec sits beside Raphael and looks at the question carefully. Magnus watches how his new boyfriend interacts with his son and smiles to himself, feeling his heart warm.

"Okay so you see what you need to do right?" "Add." "Yeah, you have to add two numbers together. What numbers are you given?" "Uh, a two and a three." "Okay so here, I'm going to put two fingers on one of my hands, and three fingers on the other. Now I want you to count the fingers I have up, okay?" "Okay. 1... 2... 3... uh 4... 5!" "So that means?" "Two plus three is five!" "There you go! See if you ever get stuck on these, you can just put both numbers to some kind of object or draw lines and count it that way. Very good job, Rapha." "Thank you! Papa, did you see that?!" "I sure did, mijo. And good job using your manners." Raphael gives Alec a hug before continuing with his homework, asking Alec questions when he's stuck. At one point, Magnus feels a tug at his sleeve and looks down to see a frustrated Max.

"I forgot how to spell this word." "Alright, let's see. You know how to sound out your letters, right?" "Mhm." "Alright, so what is this a picture of?" "A cat." "Sound out the word." "C-A-T." "And you don't remember the middle letter, right?" "No." "Think, sweetheart. What letter makes that sound?" "A. Wait, cat is C-A-T! It's a A!" "You're right! The answer is an A." "Thanks, Magnus!" "Of course, honey." Magnus looks up to see Alec smiling up at him, making him smile. Both fathers love seeing how each other treats their sons. Alec reaches over both five year olds' heads and kisses Magnus sweetly, only breaking apart when they hear their sons giggling. Alec kisses Raphael's head while Magnus kisses Max's head. Both men then turn to each other.

Oh yeah, they're gone for each other.