4

By the time Max and Raphael got to lunch, everyone knew what Max's dad did.

"Is your daddy and sister okay?" "What? I don't know why?" Max and Raphael go back to their teacher. "Can I call my daddy? I don't know if he's okay." "Do you think that something happened, Maxwell?" "A girl asked if my daddy and baby Madzie were okay I gotta call my daddy." Max feels tears in his eyes, why can't their teacher see that this is super important. Raphael hugs Max close as he starts to cry, the teacher contacts Alec.

Every time Alec gets a call from the school, it scares him. He answers the phone with Magnus beside him, putting it on speaker as his boyfriend holds his daughter.

(( A: Alec, T: Teacher, ML: Max, MB: Magnus, R: Raphael))

A: "Hello?"
T: "Mr. Lightwood?"
A: "Yes, ma'am. Is Max alright?"
T: "Yes he's alright, but he's very upset and demands to speak to you."
A: "Alright put him on."
*hands the phone over*
ML: "Daddy?" *sniff*
A: "Hey, buddy. What's wrong?"
ML: "A girl at school asked me if you were okay and if Madzie was okay and I got scared because I got confused and-and..." Max gets a bit worked up and cries more.
R: "Max it's okay. Alec? Max can't talk no more, he's crying too hard but I can talk to you."
A: "Thank you, kiddo. I have your papa here too if you want to say hi."
R: "Hi, Papa!"
MB: "Hello, sweetheart. Can Max still hear us?"
R: "He's nodding."
MB: "Alright good. Alexander is going to explain something so make sure that Max can hear. Go ahead, darling."
A: "Okay. Max, buddy, today something did happen a man was yelling mean things at me but Madzie and I are home and safe. We're not hurt, just a little scared. Don't worry though, okay? Daddy and your sister are okay. I promise."
R: "He's nodding again, his crying is getting better."
A: "Thank you for being there for him, Raph."
R: "Yeah! He's my best friend and I love him like he's my brother."
A: "Happy to hear that. I'm going to hang up now, do you think you'll be okay Max or should I come and show you that I'm okay?"
ML: "Just for a minute?"
A: "Not a problem. Just let me get your sister ready and I'll head over okay? I love you, buddy."
ML: "Love you too, daddy."
A: "See you soon."
MB: "Let Raph know that I'm coming too if he wants to see me for a minute."
ML: "Okay Magnus. Bye."

*CALL ENDED*

Alec groans. "I was hoping that Max wouldn't hear anything at school and we would tell him when he got home." "How did he even find out?" "Probably an older kid." "Let's get Madzie into something warmer and head over to the school, it's windy now." Alec nods and takes Madzie into her nursery to change her clothes. Magnus puts his boots on and grabs Alec's as well, wanting to get there quickly to check on their boys.

Alec walks into the main office while Magnus follows behind him with Madzie napping in his arms, he has a blanket over her and is rubbing her back to keep her soothed. Alec walks up to the desk and signs both of their names, smiling at the ladies at the desk.

"Mr. Lightwood, how are you? I heard about what happened earlier this morning, is Max leaving?" "No he's staying I'm just here to show him that I'm okay. Can Raphael Bane come down as well? His dad is holding Madzie." Magnus smiles. The women nod and call their teacher. Madzie starts to wake up and whine a bit, not liking the lights in the room. She hides her face and cries, she hates waking up in strange places. Alec pets her hair and Magnus bounces her lightly, patting her back as well.

"Shhh it's alright. You're okay sweetie it's okay. Your daddy is right here and so am I. You're safe right here honey it's alright Papa's got you." Magnus freezes the moment he says it, Alec freezes as well but thankfully Madzie is quiet now. Magnus looks at Alec with worried eyes.

"Alexander I am so sorry I don't even know why I said that. She's your daughter not mine and I had no right to say that." "Madzie, tell your papa to stop apologizing." Magnus looks at Alec in shock and the taller man just smiles as he takes his daughter from him. Raphael and Max walk into the office and hug their fathers, Magnus still in shock. Raphael looks at his papa.

"You okay, papa?" "Yes, mijo. Alexander just said something sweet and I was caught off guard." Alec kisses Magnus's head and lets Max hug his baby sister before they leave. Max and Raphael are taken back to their classroom and Magnus and Alec go home.

Madzie is playing with a few teething toys on a blanket on the floor, Alec knows her teeth will start coming in soon so he wants her to get interested in the toys before she needs them. Magnus made himself and Alec tea and sits beside his boyfriend, watching the happy baby play and crawl. Alec smiles at him and kisses his cheek.

"About earlier, are you sure?" "Mags I see you and Raph staying in our lives for a long time and I can picture Madzie calling you papa. Not only that but I know you're such an incredible father that I would feel great knowing that she would have a papa as amazing as you." Magnus feels tears collect in his eyes and he kisses Alec, immensely happy by what he said.