3 (Contains Censored Sensitive Language)

It's been a couple of weeks since Magnus and Alec started dating and things have been going very well. Alec gets back from dropping the boys off at school to see Magnus dressed for work, swaying slightly as he feeds Madzie her morning bottle. Alec smiles and gives Magnus a peck on the lips, petting his daughter's hair afterwards.

"Thank you again for letting us stay here, Alexander." Magnus and Raphael have been living with the Lightwoods for two days now, their home needing to go through some renovations. "It's no problem, Mags. What time do you have to head in today?" "By ten, so I have a little over two hours before I need to be at my studio." Magnus designs clothing and has a photography studio for events, so he makes his own hours.

"I can pick up dinner on my way back here." "I planned on cooking tonight actually, thought it might be nice. After you head out, Madzie and I are going shopping for food." Magnus nods with a smile on his face, he loved Alec's cooking. Madzie finishes her bottle and Alec takes her into his arms, placing a burp rag on his shoulder and her chin on the rag. He pats her back until she burps and kisses her head.

"You really are amazing with her you know that? The boys too. Maybe you should be the stay-at-home dad in our relationship." Alec laughs and sways a tiny bit as he holds Madzie to his chest. "Patience, babe. Let's wait at least a few months before we discuss that." Magnus gives a playful pout. "You don't see a future with me?" Alec kisses his nose. "I grew up with a little sister and I have two kids, your puppy dog eyes and pout do not work on me." Magnus huffs and kisses Alec's cheek, making the Lightwood laugh. Madzie starts to make little babbling sounds into Alec's chest and he smiles. He lifts her up a bit so that they're at eye level and she just keeps on going.

"Oh yeah? And then what happened?" Madzie keeps babbling and Magnus just watches in fascination and admiration, recording every second. "What?! No way! What about Magnus? *gasp* Wow!" He continues to have a little conversation with the six month old baby as Magnus silently records it. Alec looks at Magnus and gives a playful scowl. As if on que, Madzie lets out a loud yell and two other sounds. Alec tries not to laugh. "Yeah you said it, sweetie!" Magnus starts laughing and stops the recording.

"You two are the cutest." Alec smiles and kisses Magnus again. "Guess I'm a mirror then, because you and Madzie are the cute ones here." Magnus smiles and takes Madzie into his arms, letting Alec wrap his arms around his waist. Magnus uses his shorter height to cuddle himself and the happy baby girl. After two hours, Magnus takes his leave to go to work.

Alec takes Madzie, makes sure that she's dressed and in a clean diaper, and heads to the market with her. Once they get to the market, he places her in the cart and grabs the bags from the car. As they go down a few aisles, Alec notices that they're getting stared at. He's used to it of course but he finds himself hoping that Madzie won't have to deal with this in her life and that it won't get to her, given that she came from African American parents and is darker in complexion. Alec also remembers that he's wearing his watch that has rainbow around the face of it, which he got at a pride event a couple of years ago. Alec looks at lettuce bags for salad when he notices a man staring at him, fairly close to him. A teenager in the area gets her phone out, knowing that there will be drama and starts recording. He looks at him and raises an eyebrow.

"Can I help you, sir?" "How about leaving?" The man gets closer and Alec pulls the cart closer, making sure that he can protect Madzie if needed. "Why don't we just run our own personal errands and go our separate ways? Conflict isn't needed." "Oh shut your f*g mouth! People like you disgust me! I can't even go to the store without seeing f****ts like you!" Alec takes a deep breath and keeps his calm, not wanting to make a scene. People have started to gather in the area and watch, some with concern for Alec and Madzie's safety and a couple of people in agreement with the bigot of a man.

"How does me being gay affect you, may I ask? I live my life with my boyfriend, his son, my son, and my daughter and we do no harm. My son's mom had no issue with me being gay and we had a child together. Same with my boyfriend and his son. Both of our boys are amazing and they're very loved. My boyfriend himself is an amazing man and incredible father, I might even be falling in love with him. How are we a threat to you? Us living and minding our own business." Alec keeps his voice very calm, showing that he doesn't need to be hostile.

The man scoffs. "Another thing other than you being a f*g is that you're a n****r lover! Look at that baby it's disgusting!" Alec clenches his teeth and lifts Madzie into his arms, she started crying. He soothes her and cradles her close to his chest, knowing that he needs to calm down before he fights this man.

"Say what you will about me but do NOT say anything negative about my daughter. I adopted her, gave her the love she deserves, and I'm raising her right so that way she doesn't end up becoming a bigot and hateful person when she grows up. She may not be white but why does that take away her value? She is less than a year old yet you attack her, why? My boyfriend is Indonesian, is he worthless? What is the point of you being racist? Are you that closed off and pig headed that even a baby that doesn't look like you is a threat?" The man looks more pissed and walks closer, pushing Alec's cart out of his way. Alec holds Madzie closer as she starts to whine. He shushes her and kisses her head. "What did you just call me, f****t?"

Two security guards come up and pull the man away from Alec and Madzie while a small group of women approach Alec to make sure that Madzie is alright. The teenager stops recording and publishes the video with the title 'Bigot Looks Like A Dumbass Against Proud Gay Father'. Madzie calms down and Alec gets a pacifier from her diaper bag in the cart, wanting to help soothe her further. A lady gives Alec a soft blanket and he thanks her, wrapping Madzie in it to help show her that she's safe. The manager of the market approaches Alec.

"Sir I am so sorry about what you just experienced." Alec smiles at the woman. "No need to, ma'am. You weren't the hateful one here. I'm just glad he didn't get physical, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if Madzie got caught up in that." He kisses her head. The manager offers for Alec to not pay for his groceries and he accepts it thankfully.

Magnus saw the video the moment it posted, he was browsing the Internet. He clicks on it due to the title and is in shock when he sees that it's Alec. The man yelling at him looked like a tank of a human being, causing Magnus to fear for Alec's safety. He gets furious at what the man says, but loves what Alec says about himself and Magnus. The older man feels his heart flutter when Alec says he's falling in love. He also notices the fury in Alec's eyes when he insults baby Madzie, hoping this man gets punched in the face. Magnus smiles again hearing Alec defend him, he's gone for him too. He talks to Catarina, who is also his assistant, and takes the rest of the day off, rushing over to that market.

Alec is still in the same section, answering a few questions for an incident report. Magnus walks through and sees Alec and Madzie. He sighs and walks over, everyone watching but Alec who hasn't noticed.

Alec feels a hand touch his arm and he turns to see Magnus looking very concerned. Alec hugs him and lets out a deep breath, letting Magnus wrap his arms around his waist. Madzie lightly slaps Magnus's face, making both men and a few others laugh. Magnus takes her and kisses her head.

"Both of you are unharmed, right?" Alec nods. "Didn't even touch us. How did you know about what happened?" "Internet. You were called a 'Proud Gay Father' and let me just say that watch is hideous." Alec laughs. "Well yes I am and I love this watch so," He sticks his tongue out. Magnus laughs and kisses Alec's cheek, earning a couple of 'aww's from watchers. Alec finishes getting what he needs and they head home, Magnus taking the day off to ensure that Alec is alright.

After Alec puts Madzie down for a nap, he joins Magnus in the living room. He sits on the couch and cuddles into Magnus. "That asshole..." Magnus nods and holds Alec close to him. "You did very well in the situation though. He looked like a moron and there was nothing negative to be said about you, except for that watch." Alec snorts and nods, kissing Magnus gently. He then looks a bit nervous.

"So you heard everything I said?" Magnus nods and pulls Alec into a deep and passionate kiss. "Every word. What can I say? I'm falling for you as well~" Alec smiles and kisses Magnus, conveying his feelings in the movements of his lips.