7 (WARNING: MENTIONS OF PAST CHILD ABUSE NEAR THE END)

By the time that Madzie wakes up from her nap, Alec is in the kitchen planning dinner while Magnus watches the boys. When the baby girl is awake enough to recognize that she's alone and uncomfortable, she's standing up in her crib and crying. Magnus stands from his place on the couch and rushes to the nursery. Alec listens to everything on the baby monitor since he cannot just stop preparing dinner especially because he's handling raw chicken.

Magnus enters the nursery and turns the light on, eyes going straight to the crying baby standing in her crib. Madzie immediately starts reaching for her papa and cries a bit louder, prompting the man to walk straight to the crib.

"Hello, sweet pea. What's wrong? C'mere, big girl." Madzie continues to reach as Magnus lifts her into his arms. The older man kisses the side of the girl's head as he rubs her back gently. Madzie's cries start to quiet down as she's taken to the changing table. Magnus quickly cleans her up and puts her back into her outfit from today before heading for the kitchen, allowing the girl to play with his hair as she calms down.

"Let's go see what daddy is doing." "Don't bring her too close, babe. Wait until I clean my hands at least." "Alright, darling." Madzie is too preoccupied to notice that she's near her daddy and not in his arms. Alec rushes to wash his hands and put the meat to the side to come to room temperature before he cooks it. As he dries his hands off, he hears a whine come from his daughter.

"Just a moment, guppy." "Da!" "Yes, honey. Da is-" Magnus and Alec both freeze and look at the still a bit upset baby girl. Alec bends down a bit to her eye level and looks at her as she reaches for him. Magnus gently holds Madzie closer to him as he watches what happens.

"Madzie, can you say that again? Say da. C'mon, Angel." "Da! Dada!" "She said it! She called me dada!" Alec pulls Madzie into his arms and kisses all over her face as the baby giggles. Magnus grabs his phone and records a video to send to Maryse.

~Magnus gets a bit closer to the duo and points at Alec when Madzie looks at him.

"Madzie, Who is that?" "Dada!" "Mags, I'm gonna cry. Good job, sweetie!" Alec kisses Madzie on the forehead and cradles her to his chest as a tear streams down his cheek. A ringed hand comes into view as Magnus wipes it away. A few seconds later, Max and Raphael walk into the kitchen.

"Dad? What's wrong? Is baby Madzie okay?" "Your dad is just very happy, Madzie called him dada." "Madzie said her first word?! That's so cool!" Max claps a bit and Madzie giggles when her brother claps for her. She stretches her neck up slightly and gives her daddy a kiss on the chin. Alec smiles down at her and kisses the top of the baby's head.~

Magnus ends the video and sends it to Maryse and Izzy, knowing they both will adore that Madzie said her first word. The older male takes it upon himself to finish dinner, knowing that the chances of Alec putting his daughter down are slim to none. The Lightwood gives his boyfriend a grateful smile before joining the two boys on the couch with the baby in his lap. Magnus pulls up the recipe that Alec was doing and continues making the chicken, sticking it in the oven and washing his hands before joining his family. The sight he's greeted with warms his heart.

Alec is sitting in the middle of the couch, Madzie in his lap sucking on a pacifier as she plays with a plush fabric cube. Max and Raphael are both lying down on either side of the man as they watch the movie on tv. Alec's thighs are being used as pillows by the two five year old boys and the man couldn't seem to even mind in the slightest. He looks down at his own son and the other boy with a warm smile on his face. Magnus takes this moment to walk up to the couch, a similar smile on his own face. He lifts Raphael from his spot and lets him lie across his lap, head still on Alec's right thigh.

"Check you out, mom." "No, not this again." "Just saying, you're a mother hen and a baby magnet." "I finally got my first dada from my daughter, I'm not giving that up." "I know the feeling." Magnus cards his fingers through his son's hair as Raphael slightly melts, very relaxed and happy. Alec starts doing the same to Max as he keeps his other hand on Madzie's belly to hold her steady against his torso. The movie continues on, about a fish who can't find his son and his journey to go find him. Max always loved Finding Nemo so Alec always put it on when they had their special nights. Both fathers end up looking at each other again after a bit, both leaning into the back of the couch while Magnus rests his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.