Part 62: Delacroix

Author's Note: Bucky and Shannon say goodbye to Kansas and head out to see Sam. As per usual, some of the dialogue is taken directly from the show and altered slightly.

"Negative," Shannon says, tossing the pregnancy test into the trash as Bucky walks into the bathroom in his boxer briefs, stretching and yawning. He flinches at the sound of the test hitting the metal trash can.

George is being discharged from the hospital today. He and Janice are coming over for a big pancake breakfast in the hotel before Bucky and Shannon drive to Delacroix to drop off Sam's suit. Janice insists that she can drive George back and get him settled without supervision. His live-in nurse is waiting for them.

Bucky is excited to be back on the road, and even a little thrilled at the chance to get to see Sam again.

"How many do you have left?" He asks.

"One. I took one in Berlin and one in Madripoor." She sighs. "Seems like my implant is working, though. I'll pick some more up before we leave."

"I'll pay for them," Bucky offers. "It's only fair – wait, you don't take one every time we have sex, do you?"

"No," she laughs. "But we have sex pretty much all the time, so I want to make sure. Like you said, you don't know how much of you is enhanced, right?"

"Right." He looks over at her. "Are you sure you don't mind taking them?"

She rolls her eyes and chuckles at his naivete.

"Bucky, I'm peeing on a stick and waiting a couple of minutes, it's not exactly physically taxing."

"Okay," he whispers. "I just want to make sure."

Shannon pats him on the chest and gives him a chaste kiss on the lips.

"I'm sure."

They start getting ready for the day. She washes her face and puts a million different serums and creams on it. He doesn't know why or what they do. She's tried to explain it to him, but it all sounds like she's speaking a different language. She does make him wear sunscreen now, though. It's not like he's outside for long periods of time, but it smells nice. Kind of like coconut. Bucky looks in the mirror, assessing his beard and hair growth.

"Should I shave this?" Bucky asks, combing his fingers through his beard which has grown even thicker since his arrival here last week. "I'm thinking about shaving it."

His hair has started to grow out. It's longer near the front now. Shannon puts some pomade in it and keeps the hair around his ears and the back of his neck trimmed short. She teaches him how slick it back, but he kind of likes the volume. It's not so long that it reminds him of his days as the Winter Soldier, but combined with the beard, it's a good look. She looks over at him, her mascara wand making an audible pop as she pulls it out of the tube and goes to put it on.

"Please don't. The hair and the beard combo is working for me. You look like a DILF."

Bucky closes his eyes and laughs, shaking his head.

"I'm so afraid to ask what that is."

She laughs and puts her mascara tube down, winding her arms around his waist and kissing his neck.

"A dad I'd like to fuck."

Bucky winces, his eyes slamming shut. A loud, disapproving groan escapes his lips.

"Shannon!"

"What?!" She laughs. "You can say things like 'you sound so pretty when you come in my mouth' but you can't handle being called a DILF? And don't think I don't remember ninety-nine percent of your dirty talk, Sergeant."

Trying Your Luck - Bucky BarnesxOCOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara