Chapter 6

Christie’s POV

As we stood in the cold at 6am waiting for the taxi to arrive, I was trying to hold back vomit. A result of all the alcohol I consumed tonight and having to stand here watching Butch stick his tongue down Rhonda’s throat… again. They already did the dirty, now they’re playing tonsil hockey as we wait for the taxi to take all three of us back to Rhonda’s for the night. Or rather morning. Yep, that’s right. Now that Rhonda and I are ‘besties’ again I’m staying at her house for today. That was going to be fine, I could just sleep all day and not have to worry about anything to do with her. Then she met Butch and after their little ‘roll in the hay’ Rhonda informed me that he’ll be joining us at her house. And unfortunately for me, they don’t have to be quiet or anything because her parents are away for the weekend. So it’s just going to be me, her and her little f**k buddy.

Finally, before I could vomit, the taxi arrived. The ride was awkward. I sat in the front and those two were in the back, not breaking lip contact at all.

Finally the awkwardness vanished a bit when we pulled up at Rhonda’s house.

“$20 please.” The taxi driver said, sounding bored but desperate to be rid of us. I turned to ask how we were paying but they were already out of the car and nearing the front door. With a sigh I got $20 from my purse, and handed it to the driver.

“Thank you,” I said, then sighed and made my way inside. Surprisingly they were in the kitchen having some water, I took this as my only opportunity to ask a very important question.

“Rhonda, where am I sleeping?” I asked groggily, extremely tired as the alcohol got to my brain.

“Guest room next to mine, all the others are full of boxes and things.” Not wasting any time I nodded and walked up to the guest room, just the thought of lying down in a soft bed, and placing my head on a lovely pillow had me almost running.

After changing into the little shorts and tank top I brought around earlier, I climbed into bed and it didn’t disappoint. It was so soft, so comfortable. I closed my eyes to sleep when my tired and foggy thoughts were replaced by the sound of loud moans, and a strange banging. Groaning myself, rather in frustration rather than pleasure, I rolled over, putting my head under the pillows, trying to muffle the sounds. No such luck though. I was forced to lie there, so close to sleep but every time I would get close to falling under I was brought back by the sounds of intercourse.

Later that day

My groggy eyes opened, but closed immediately as the light hit them. My head ached like hell and I had a horrible taste in my mouth. Braving it out I stood from bed, ignoring the terrible pain both my head and my eyes were suffering. I found a pair of sunglasses next to the bed which I happily put on. Next issue I had to address was the taste in my mouth which was slowly driving me closer and closer to suicide. It was that bad. I stumbled my way into the ensuite bathroom, ignoring the pain in my head. I brushed my teeth twice, with the tooth brush I kept here. Finally satisfied that the taste was gone I looked in the mirror. I looked horrible. I had the kind of hair that made you think a bird just

landed there and laid eggs. My makeup was smeared all over my face, adding to the effects of the birds nest. But to be honest I didn’t care enough to fix it yet. I was so parched! And my head hurt!

I slowly descended the stairs, holding my head the entire way. I filled a huge glass with water and hunted down the Panadol I knew Rhonda had around. I sat at the little island bench in the centre of the kitchen as I waited for the drugs to kick in. They weren’t fast enough though. Soon enough Rhonda and her little f**k buddy appeared in the kitchen. Rhonda looked hung over too, but tried hiding it by wearing sunglasses, just like me. Butch however just smirked at me, laughing at my appearance. He filled a glass with some water and sat beside me. Rhonda was about to sit down too, but the doorbell rang. Putting her glass down she called out ‘Coming’ then winced as it hurt her head.