Chapter 4:night time

"Holy fuck," you breathed out as you walked down the sidewalk.

School was over, and Lucas had gotten detention for three whole weeks. You were still shocked by his sudden outburst. It caught you off guard. As you sauntered down the concrete path, you had the sudden urge to call Adam. You fished your phone from your bag and opened the phone. You dialed his number, and waited...

Voicemail.

You tried again and after the third ring he picked up.

"Hey (y/n)!" He said in a raspy voice that sounded like he was out of breath.

"Hey Adam," you smiled.
"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better," he replied.
"I should be back at school tomorrow."

You smiled.

"You'll never guess what happened at school today."

"What?" He asked.

"You know that creep, Lucas, right? Well he was being a fucking weirdo and so we confronted him. He got mad at Robert and went batshit on him. He was totally crazy," you said.

"No way," Adam chuckled.

"Got himself detention and everything," you laughed.

"That's crazy. At least you won't see him as much," Adam stated.

"True. Anyway I gotta go. Talk to you later," you said.

"Bye," he said, and ended the call.

You stepped onto your porch. Digging your keys from your pocket. You opened the front door and tossed your bag on the ground. You slipped your shoes off, and plopped down on the couch.

You were gonna be alone tonight. Kyle was at a friends house, mom and dad were having date night, and Cali wanted to stay with grandma since it's the weekend.

You didn't mind being alone though. This week at school was very stressful. Reaching a hand out you grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. You scrolled through the channels, finally settling on (y/f/cartoon). You laughed when one of the characters would do something dumb.

About 30 minutes later the doorbell rang. You hopped up from the couch to answer it. You opened the door to see a delivery man there. Not just any ordinary one though, he was holding a bag filled with your (f/f).

"I have a delivery for the (l/n) residents," he said as he looked at you.

'I guess mom and dad ordered me some dinner. Thank GOD!,' you thought as you reached out for the bag.

"Thank you," you said as you walked back into the house to grab your wallet.
"How much is it?"

"Oh don't worry about that. The person who ordered already payed," the young man said with a smile.

"Oh, really?" You said with a hint of confusion, but you were still grateful.
"Have a good evening then."

And with that you closed the door. The placed the bag on the counter and pulled out three different boxes. One was a box of (favorite dessert), the others were (favorite food). You smiled as you began to dig in, unaware of the watching eyes.

______

"If I get caught man, this is your fault," the delivery man said as he took off his hat.

"D-don't worry. It'll be o-okay," Lucas said as he handed the man an extra 50 dollars.

The delivery man walked back to his car and drove off. Lucas watched the car zoom away, but his eyes trailed back to you. He was happy you were enjoying the food. He knew all your favorite things, so he knew you'd like it.