Chapter-10

Chapter-10

Lucas Alberto's POV

I am sorry, Lucas. I have promised our team members I will go with them.

I can't even seem to get her to have lunch with me. Mm.

Okay, Angel. Enjoy your lunch!

I reply back. I am not going to give up that easily. Picking up my phone, I dial his number. He answers after a few rings.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Piccolo."

"It's a Good afternoon in fact, Lucas. I have to thank you again for employing my Bell." He had already thanked me once last night. I didn't expect him to be so happy about it. But if he is, I wonder why he didn't take the step to do it first. My Bell. I envy him for calling her that.

"No worries."

"But, seriously. She is so happy and excited about it. I have to thank you."

"Well, I am thinking about us all having lunch together. Just so, she doesn't get intimidated by all the work and her new boss." He laughs at the last part. I am her new boss and she does seem a little intimidated by me.

"Anything for her. But it's my treat. You have already done enough." There is finality in his voice and I can't deny. "I have a few things that I need to speak with you."

"Sure." Mm. What can it be?

"I will call her."

"Will meet you at lunch."

"You too," he says and cuts the call.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. I was nervous? Why? I hope I didn't come off too desperate. Who cares? I want to have lunch with her and I will do just that.

A wicked smile plays on my lips. I am looking forward to our lunch.

Annabel Piccolo's POV

"Really?" Alessandro asks. "We are going to have lunch with Mr. Piccolo?" Everyone is now near my desk as I tell them that.

"Yes. I just spoke to my father. He asked me to come down in a few minutes." I stand up and pick up my bag.

"Wow!" Aria says in wonder. "I can't believe this."

"Me too. I am going to have lunch with The Piccolo." Nicole says. I didn't know my father was that popular. I look at them puzzled. "Really, your father is the sexiest man for his age in this country." I look at her bewildered by her words.

"Nicki." Aria stops her.

"What? You said so yourself once." Nicole says and I smile in amusement.

"What's wrong with you?" Micheal says. She pauses before sighing.

"So much." she says. Well, he is just my father, no matter what. Everyone gets up and we all get into the lift. My phone pings.

See you in ten!

Oh my! Lucas! He is going to give me a heart ache.

"Also, Mr. Alberto will be joining us for lunch." I inform them. We are the only ones in the lift.

"What?" Almost all of them say in unison.

"Oh no." Alessandro says. "This is bad." Aria responds. "Come on, it's on that bad." Daniel says. They all look at him like he lost his mind.

"Senior!" Nicole says, nearly stomping her foot.

"It is that bad?" I ask. I don't know why they are getting so tensed.