Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Lucas Alberto's POV

Her blue eyes are so deep

Her blue eyes are so deep. Those ice blue eyes that always draw me in with one look, even from afar. Her pale cheeks are turning pink lightly. I take a step forward to stand closer to her than I already am. Although I am holding her chin to make her look at me, her eyes are moving around my face staying only one second if they met mine. I can't help the smile appearing on my lips at her innocence.

I can smell that she is not wearing any perfume. Just like when she was a kid. She never liked the smell of perfumes or scents. As I took one step closer she let out a breath and looks into my eyes in shock. There are those orbs again. Deep, deep and so deep.

Annabel Piccolo's POV

Shock, happiness and the feeling of giddiness build up in me as I look at the person standing in front of me. My stomach is doing flips. My heart is beating fast. The tip of his fingers holding my chin is not helping either. He is standing too close. My mind stopped working. I can't help the tension and bite my lip before they turn into wide grin, showing him how happy I am that he is here.

Oh calm down you all! I tell myself, to my stomach, to my heart and to my nerves. You stop working at the right time when I need you! I scold my brain. I look up at him and meet his eyes for a second. My gaze travels around his face remembering every inch of it. They stay a minute on his lips. Quickly gathering my thoughts and my nerves I look up to meet his eyes.

Why do I still feel so nervous around him?

Should I say something?

How are you?

Have you had your breakfast?

Okay maybe the easy one. Good morning! Then my mind started working.

Wait! What is he doing in my room at this early in the morning? My eyes widen as I look around the room. It's messy as it always is. Not that there are clothes spread or any of my things left carelessly on my bed, but there are books all over the room, my table, few on my bed, my pens and pencils. I take a step back and blush.

What must he be thinking now? Oh God!

I finally dare to look up at him. His fingers left my chin as I turned to look around my room a second ago. He leans against the table beside which we are standing. He has a smile on his face and I knit my eyebrows together as if I have committed a sweet sin. I smile shyly. He put his hands in his pocket and shakes his head chuckling. My heart did a jump when I hear the sound. I look up at his face and find his eyes swimming through my room while mine are on his face.

He is so close to me. His face is cleanly shaven and the dark blue suit is fitting his perfect figure correctly. I watch as he turns around to look at the table sprawled with books, but clean as well. He picks up a book which is regarding archeology with his right hand. Then his eyes fall on the book to his left, I can't see what it is though as his frame is covering it. I see him smile as he picks that book with his left hand.