Chapter-13

Chapter-13

Annabel Piccolo's POV

I lay on my bed and smile like an idiot as I look at the message. My heart is going all gooey-gooey.

I wish you were here with me, Angel.

It read. I close my eyes and think about the brief moment of how it felt to be in his arms. A giggle leaves my lips and I sigh in bliss.

Me too. I send the reply. Almost immediately my phone pings.

I will be done with the work here tomorrow. I will be coming on Sunday evening.

He will be back in two days. These two weeks without him have already felt like two decades. Yes, it's been two weeks. The long wait. Just two more days.

I will be waiting. Buona Notte (Good night), Lucas.

His reply comes instantly. Buona Notte, Angel.

I can't keep the smile off my face. I put the phone aside and breathe.

It's been two weeks since I moved to the new house, or Mama's house. It's been two weeks since Lucas left. These two weeks passed by so slow, that every minute felt like an hour. I tried to keep myself as busy as possible. I can't measure the happiness I felt. I love the house. I love how free I feel here. I try to pass my time in the garden in the backyard. Papa visited me two times already. The surveillance cameras have been installed so the security guard is no more at my doorstep. It felt really awkward.

Last weekend has been eventful. Marcus has come again as Gemma and Papa have been working on the joint project with Alberto's. Mr. Alberto had visited too. Papa has visited me to the palace. Strangely Felisa is the one who told Papa to invite me. Marcus has been such a delight again. We had a good talk. He asked me about the papers I have published. Apparently, Papa told him about it.

He kept making me laugh. I forgot that we have company for a few seconds and Papa kept looking at the exchange between me and Marcus. We maintained our distance all the while though. It was never flirting. All the while, I can only think about Lucas. I kept zoning out in the middle of the conversations. I even saw Gemma looking at me and Marcus, but she looked away once our eyes meet.

Tomorrow is Saturday and Papa invited me again to come in the evening. They are going to make a final decision on which plan and idea to go with this weekend. I sigh. So much is happening.

Switching off the light, I lay down on the bed and decide to sleep.

"Thank you." I say as I sit down on the chair that's Marcus pulled out for me like the gentlemen he is. We have just finished the meeting and they are near to finalize an idea. Once Lucas is back tomorrow, they will be done with it. Yes! Lucas will be back!

"That went longer than expected." He says as he sits down next to me.

"It did." The meeting went on for two hours. They have kept going. But again, of course, they have it. It's a million dollar deal and they have to re-analyse everything to come up with the best idea. The dinner meetings without Lucas are lifeless. Or maybe I feel so. Marcus is turning from a stranger to a good friend to me.

Once we are all done with the dinner, we go to the garden and everyone is talking and laughing. It felt good. I feel no burden in my heart. A smile keeps constantly appearing on my face. I am happy. Lucas will be back tomorrow and... Oh my! I have never felt like this in my life! Just one more day and he will be here. I decided to go to kitchen and say hello to Melody and Greta. But Papa stops me.