Chapter-17

Chapter-17

Lucas Alberto's POV

"Are you okay?" Lucas asks once he stops the car in front of my house. It has been a week since Papa has been in the hospital. He has been discharges just two days ago and I have been going back to the office as usual. Lucas has been dropping me home since then. Too many things keep running in my mind since these past few days. Papa, Lucas, Felisa and office work. I sigh and try to give him a smile.

"I am okay." My voice is barely a whisper. He just looks at me. He knows I am lying. "I just... There is too much on my mind."

"You know what, today is Friday. How about we go for a long ride?" He asks turning the key of his car to start the engine and gets ready to drive. I let out a laugh.

"That sounds so tempting. But I am not in the mood for it." His face drops as soon as I say that. No, please don't be sad. "But, since today is Friday, how about you come in and we can watch a movie and have dinner at my house." That would be so relaxing and having him next to me would temporarily put a stop to my never ending thoughts. He smirks and I blush. "Stop that. Just a dinner and movie."

"I still like the sound of that. You are letting me in." He says and turns the car around. I look at him in confusion. "If we are going to have dinner, I am cooking my special spaghetti. Let's go to grocery store to get them."

"You know how to cook?" I just never imagined him to the type to cook. I mean, they have chefs in their house and he was always busy.

"You sound surprised, Angel."

I blush and tell him the directions to the grocery store.

He skilfully tosses the vegetables and adds some spices. He took off his suit before he started cooking and folded his sleeves up to his elbows. His light blue shirt looks so good on him. He drains the water in the spaghetti and washes it with warm water. I follow all his moments and forget about all of my worries as I watch him cook. I don't realise that I am staring until he speaks.

"You know I normally don't like the paparazzi taking pictures of me." He says as he washes his hands as he is in the middle of cooking and picks up my phone that is on the kitchen counter. He opens the phone and holds it up. I hear a camera shutter sound and a few more. Is he taking pictures of himself on my phone? He poses as he clicks himself on my phone. "But these." He comes to me and hands me the phone. I am sitting near the dining table that's fit for four people. "Are only for you." I blush beat red.

"I am not staring." Oh my! How can I be so stupid to get caught while staring at him? I bite my lip and hear him chuckle.

"Oh, you are. Look at me." I turn my face away as the redness won't leave my face. This is the worst. Getting caught while staring at your crush. "Look at me. Let me see that red face." I feel hot.

"No." I turn my face away again as he comes to the other side.

"There." He holds my chin and makes me look at him. I don't meet his eyes.

"I wasn't... staring. I was just... looking." Oh, this is so embarrassing.

"Yeah, you were." He chuckles. "So, here are my pictures. You can look at them anytime you want now." He shows me the pictures.

Lucas Alberto's POV

"Stop it." She pushes me off lightly and pushes her hair behind her ear. I can't help the laugh escaping my mouth. I get up and go to the stove to add the spaghetti to the sauce. All the while the smile stays on my face. This whole week she has been under a lot of stress and it's visible on her face. I want her to smile and blush like she does when she meets my eyes. I want her to be happy.