Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Annabel Piccolo's POV

Holding the teddy bear tightly, I pull it to my chest feeling the need to hold someone. The lonliness in my heart kept increasing. It's bringing unsettling and negative thoughts in my mind. Pushing them all aside I get up from the bed and walk to the window before sitting down on the mattress beside it. The moon is shining brightly and the stars are twinkling. That's when a thoughts popped in my mind.

Even in the dark, there is always light. We just have to see it. There is no path hopeless and no path helpless. It's me who have to make that path.

I sigh. A small smile spread across my face. The full moon's light illuminated through the dark sky and falls down from my window and inside my room. My heart is racing thinking of what might happen tomorrow. Finally and surprisingly, there was not as much rukus as I expected from Felisa before she accepted. All thanks to Papa. He is very happy that I am taking this job.

"Stop it, Felisa!" Dad's voice rang through the walls of my room. "What is wrong with her going to a job?"

"If sh3e really wants to do job, there is a lot of work she can do at home as well-" Dad got up from the chair and stood in front of her in a minute. My gaze blurry from the tears that I am holding back.

"Do you think of my daughter as your personal maid!" His voice is loud, louder than I expected. A feeling of guilt starts settling in my heart. I don't want them to fight because of me.

"Papa!" I put my hand on his shoulder trying to calm him down. Felisa looks a bit scared. I have never seen him angry like this. He pulls me to him and puts his arm over my shoulder.

"This is my daughter here, just like Gemma." Felisa opens her mouth, but he raises his hand to signal her to stop from speaking anything else. "I might understand your anger towards her, but I will not have you treating her as your maid! You better understand that." His voice is dangerously low as he says that.

"If she wants to take this offer and go join in the company, then I am more than happy for that." He says to her. Felisa looks at me with hatred burning in her eyes. I look down, not liking how I am becoming the cause of their fight. This only makes Felisa hate me more. He turns to me and pats my head. "I am so happy for you my Bell. You have my permission, although that's not needed. Thank you for giving me this old man such importance."

He kisses my forehead and I see Felisa leave the room angrily. "Thank you, Papa."

"I am so happy you are still here with me. Thank you for not giving up on this old man. This palace might become so lonely if you and Gemma leave. I want my little girls to never date anyone." He says suddenly switching to being funny. I smile a bit through the tears feeling happy. This palace is surely what he said. A lonely place. "So, are there any young suitors that like you, or maybe someone you like that I must know of?"

"No, Papa." There is one person, Papa. I feel bad for lying to him, yet scared that I might get caught since I am bad liar

"Fine.If you say so. Now, want to go out for dinner tonight? My treat. You are joining in a job from tomorrow. We should go." He says and I smile wider.

"Okay, Papa. I will be down in five minutes." He smiles before looking at me

"Fine.If you say so. Now, want to go out for dinner tonight? My treat. You are joining in a job from tomorrow. We should go." He says and I smile wider.