Hot

Peter Parker had always been invisible at school, and honestly, he liked it. If people paid attention to him, they would probably figure out he's Spider-Man, he wasn't really great at keeping the secret. So when the rumor started spreading around the school, Peter immediately knew he was royally screwed. But let's start at the beginning...

...

Peter was currently in gym class, pretending to be out of breath while running. He was talking with Ned about LEGOs when they heard a loud whistle from the coach that made Peter wince.

"Alright class, gather up. Today, you will be doing the Captain America Fitness Challenge. You already warmed up but I want you to run around the gymnasium a few more times. Once you've done that, grab a partner and do a hundred sit-ups, fifty squats, fifty pull-ups, and thirty burpees. Finally, you'll climb the rope. I don't care how high you get, at least try. I want you to sweat today. Do your best."

An hour and a half later, Peter was finally done with the challenge. He could've completed it much faster but he had to take breaks sometimes, not to arouse suspicions. He still sweated though. Not as much as the rest of his class but man, this thing was hard. He quickly wiped the sweat on his forehead with his shirt, before realizing what he did. He looked around, searching for witnesses and breathed out in relief when he didn't find anything.

Apparently, his super-sight failed him because, sitting in the bleachers, Betty Brant saw everything.

...

Peter got some unusual stares the next day. He really thought he had something on his face, but he checked in the bathroom and there was nothing.

He was eating lunch when his super-hearing caught a conversation between some girls in his class.

"Are you really sure ?"

"Yes, I'm not crazy Cindy, I know what I saw."

"But it's just so unlikely."

"I know. We'll have to pay close attention to-"

Peter shook his head, ashamed of himself. He shouldn't eavesdrop on people's private conversations.

...

A week later, the stares were starting to quiet down but he still felt some eyes watching him as he was walking in the halls. Ned didn't know why either and he made up a lot of theories but none of them made sense.

He was now in chemistry, Ned and him were lab partners and they were doing experiments today. Peter walked up to the bin to throw some papers, but two kids were fooling around not far from him and one of them accidently spilled acid on Peter's shirt. He screamed and quickly took off his shirt by reflex. He sighed of relief before realizing the odd silent in the room. He looked up to see his class staring at him. He looked down again, following their stares and gasped when he finally understood what they were looking at.

"Shit !"

"Mr Parker, are you okay ?!" the teacher was panicked, checking for injuries.

"I'm fine sir, uh, could I just get a shirt or something ?"

The teacher went out to get a shirt, leaving a very uncomfortable Peter with his classmates.

"Uh... could you guys stop staring ? It's embarrassing."

"Sorry Peter," Cindy Moon said, "But when did you get abs ?"

"Don't forget about those biceps." a girl chipped in.

"I told you guys he had abs but you wouldn't believe me." Betty Brant rolled her eyes, exasperated.

"You... what ?"

"I saw you in gym class."

"Oh", Peter quickly put two and two together, "so is that why everyone has been staring at me for the past week ?"

"Sorry."

The teacher came in at this moment, holding a white shirt.

"This might be a little small, it was the only shirt we had."

The boy quickly put it on, and it really was small. It molded his abs, so he tried to cover them with his arms but it made his biceps look huge. He sighed and went back to his seat.

The bell rang 5 minutes later and Peter almost ran out of the room, eager to escape the stares. Bad idea. As he was walking to his locker, more and more people turned their head in his direction. His super-hearing caught some words he really didn't want to hear. He was probably overreacting but his breath started to get unsteady. He needed to get out of here. He opened his locker and put his books in his bag. He turned around to find a group of girls, waiting for him.

"Uh... Hey ?"

"Hi Peter", one of them said, "We were just wondering if you'd like to come to my party tonight."

"I- sorry, I have homework." and patrol, "Maybe next time ?"

The girl seemed satisfied and left, her groupies following. Peter sighed. He would do anything to be invisible again.

He pulled a sweatshirt out of his locker and sent to the bathroom to put it on. When he got out, he didn't feel any stares but his Spidey-sense tingled. All the students in the hallway were looking at something. He followed their eyes but too many people were blocking the way. He pushed through the crowd to see-

"Underoos !" Tony Stark cheerfully greeted him.

"T-Mr Stark ? What are you doing here ?" You could hear the panic in Peter's voice.

"According to your watch, your heartbeat's not as steady as usual today. Karen told me you had trouble breathing a few minutes ago so I just came to check."

"Oh, uh, thanks, I'm fine. But, uh, since you're here, can I leave with you ?"

Peter never asked to skip school. Something must be wrong but too many eyes were watching and Tony knew how uncomfortable the boy got under the spotlight. 

"Get in the car. I'll call in sick for you."

"Thanks Tony."

Peter exited the school and immediately spotted the fancy car. Some students were watching it and taking pictures from a safe distance. They tried to get closer but Happy threatened to run them over. He tapped on the window.

"Hey Happy !" the bodyguard just rolled his eyes and unlocked the door.

"You're skipping school now ? Kids these days." 

"Mr Stark said it was okay." he just shrugged.

Tony got back from the office and got in the car.

"Alright. How about we get some ice cream and you tell me why I'm lying for you ?"

So Peter told them about his misadventure and even Happy couldn't help laughing at the boy's poor luck.