Phone call

Peter was in English, his last period of the day. He was falling asleep as usual, it really wasn't his favorite subject, nor his forte. He never understood why they had to take this class. English was their native language for God's sake. But anyways, he had to, and now he was was pretending to listen to the teacher, but really, he was thinking of new features for his suit.

He saw something light up in the corner of his eyes and looked down at his bag. His phone was on, and Steve was calling. He put it in silence mode so thankfully, no one noticed. He put his hand up to his mouth and whispered to his watch.

"Karen, cancel the call."

"I'm afraid FRIDAY won't let me, she said Mr Stark required that you answer Mr Rogers' call."

"I can't right now I'm in class."

"He says it's urgent."

"Well, he'll have to wait."

A second later, Back in Black blared through the speakers of his phone, making the class jump. Once they got past the initial shock, they looked at Peter and snickered. The boy was just mentally cursing his dad.

"I'm so sorry, I'll turn it off."

"Mr Parker, you know the rule. Answer the call on speaker please." Now, Peter was mentally cursing his dad and his teacher. He sighed and did as he was told.

"Hi, uncle Steve", he said in a monotone voice, "you're on speaker." The person at the other end of the line seemed to be struggling.

"WHAT ?! HOW DO YOU USE THIS THING ? PETER DO YOU HEAR ME ? WHAT'S A SPEAKER ?" 

"I- yes, I can hear you, you don't need to yell."

"OH. Oh. Sorry. Things were so much simpler before. Anyways, your dad wanted me to ask you what you want for dinner. " The students in the room frowned at the word 'dad'.

"That's the emergency ?" Peter face-palmed. Then he looked around him and saw the confused looks of his classmates. "I-I mean, I don't know what you're talking about, I don't have a dad."

Ned snorted beside him.

"What ? Is that another joke I don't get ? What is it called... Vine ?"

"I- No, uncle Steve. I want pizza tonight. Bye." He quickly hung up and hit his head on the desk, groaning. "Can we continue the lesson please ?"

The teacher didn't have the chance to answer when Peter's phone rang once again. But it wasn't Steve this time.

"YOU ARE MY DAD. YOU'RE MY DAD, BOOGIE WOOGIE WOOGIE."

"Damnit." The poor boy was becoming more and more red, while his classmates were laughing at the ringtone, and the teacher was giving him an annoyed look.

"Mr Parker-"

"I know", he groaned, picking up his phone.

"What ?" he answered, rather aggressively.

"Woah, what's with the attitude ?" Tony Stark's amused voice came through the speakers. Everyone immediately recognized it and gasped. 

"I'm in class. What do you want ? And I swear, if you ask me what toppings I want, I will throw your ass out of the window."

A faint "Language." came from the other end of the line.

"Actually, kid, Fury called in. We have a mission. Sorry to bother you again but we need you." The class frowned in confusion and surprise. Why would Iron-Man need Peter Parker for an Avengers mission ?