Chapter 4

Granger,

Please accept this gift as a Christmas present. I worked hard to find this muggle poster for you.

- Draco

He sealed the letter and took a final look at the Princess Bride poster. She had kept raving about this movie and they had never gotten around to seeing it. He rapped on the door, waiting, hoping she would answer.

She opened the door and glanced at him. "How can I help you, Draco?"

"I got you a Christmas gift," he replied flatly.

"Shouldn't you be getting one for, Audrey?"

Was she actually jealous? That's childish even for you, Granger. But, cute.

Draco could feel a snarl begin to creep across his face, but shook it off for her, "Are you serious? I got you a gift." I placed the gift on the ground. "Happy holidays, Granger. If you feel like not being so grouchy later the lot of us are going out to the pub across the street at 8."

Hermione shut the door and leaned against it, pulling out the poster from its packaging. Her heart stopped for a moment and she smiled. That arrogant prat.

She grinned and placed the poster on the table as she ran to her closet searching for something to wear.

She was so fucking aggravating. She was the one who was avoiding him but had the nerve to get jealous of Audrey of all people.

As he walked into his flat, he looked at his mattress where she had once slept. Where he had assumed was a momentous peak in our friendship, relationship, whatever the fuck, when actually it was a setback in her mind.

He stormed into his closet and groaned.

Please just come.

"Potter, you've been with that Weasley girl for how long? 4 or 5 years? When are you going to just commit?" Blaise slapped Harry on the back, teasing him.

"Keep a secret, the both of you, lot," he waved his finger at us, "But, I am asking her Valentine's Day," he set down his drink, smiling wide.

"Finally, Potter, you prat," Draco laughed. "But, honestly, congratulations. At least one of us has their shit together."

"Draco's luck seems to have dried up, so he is doing significantly worse than us all," Blaise threw back the rest of his drink, laughing.

Draco shot a glare at Blaise, shaking his head, "Just tired of all the desperation of these women, they all shag the same. Need something with more substance," he downed the rest of his whiskey as well.

She came.

He watched as Hermione shrugged off her coat and draped it on the rack. She was wearing a yellow plaid short skirt with a pair of black tights and a long-sleeved blacktop.

Draco's body was warming up staring at her. He couldn't tear her eyes away.

Hermione locked eyes with Draco immediately and nervously glanced towards the other boys there.

He wanted to just push her into the bathroom by the door and kiss her, tell her he was sorry for whatever he did to cause her to be so upset with him. Tell her Audrey is nothing. That she has been all he could think about these past weeks.