Chapter 7

"I'm sorry so you went to the quidditch match that day, but you also have been having little sleepovers, and have also been fucking, Draco Malfoy?" Ginny gasped as she stuck her head out from behind the curtain.

Hermione groaned as she sunk further into the white leather padded couch, "Subtly, is not your strong suit at all, is it?" Hermione was grateful Ginny had only requested she be there for last-minute dress shopping, she really needed someone to talk to about what she had been doing. "Yes, we slept together or I guess have been... We have been kind of seeing one another." She looked down and cleared her throat as she brought the flute of champagne to her lips taking another sip.

"Hermione Jean Granger. Are you ill? Does Harry know?" Ginny yelled as she struggled with a
zipper.

"He suspects I believe."

"How did this even happen?" Ginny burst out from the curtain and patted the dress down.

"Ginny, you look beautiful, I absolutely lo--"

"Save it. It is a no. Mum, saw this in the window told me to try it on when I was here, it looks absolutely terrible," she shook her head as she turned in the mirror to view herself all around. She finally made it back to the front and squeezed her chest with her hands. "It makes my already barely chested self, look even flatter," she scoffed, trotting away. "Continue."

Hermione shook her head as she tried to remember where she was. "Well, we just... We started spending time together because he was in my flat building. He really is a nice guy though, truly, Ginny." She was pleading with Ginny trying to make sense of what she had been doing. "He made me feel things I hadn't felt before—all of the pent-up frustration, it just happened." She propped her head up with her palm on the arm of the couch, massaging the root of her hair with her fingers as she finished off her champagne.

Ginny exhaled loudly and laughed, "Well this is a doozy." She popped her head out once more grinning at Hermione, "Is he a good shag though?"

"Ginny!" Hermione's mouth hung open.

"I mean, you always heard rumors about the Slytherin prince and his snake," she snickered.

"Godric, you are so vulgar."

Ginny made her grand entrance once again with a new dress she seemed more delighted with. She smiled and placed her on her hips, "So are you both courting one another now?"

"It's more like friends who happen to shag," Hermione replied uncomfortably.

Hermione stood and met Ginny to look at the dress up close.

"Hermione Granger, you trollop," She chuckled. "Look at you being so risqué with Draco Malfoy of all people."

"He really isn't too bad, Ginny, honestly," she grinned. "I really love this one, Gin. Harry would faint seeing you in it and it does make your chest look phenomenal," Hermione giggled.

Ginny did a couple of turns and picked up a veil laying nearby, sticking it in her hair, "Convince me he isn't all bad."

Hermione pulled out her phone, trembling, scrolling through the countless photos he had taken the day they went to the quidditch game. "Here. Take a look at these." She handed her phone to Ginny who turned away to return to the dressing room.

Hermione slumped into the couch once more, nervous with anticipation she choked out, "They are from the match, he wanted to take photos of me, and... us." She picked up another flute of champagne and finished it in one swift drink.

Ginny remained silent.

She came out from the dressing room and handed the phone back to Hermione, "I still can't believe you wore Slytherin colors, you traitor." Ginny chuckled, "I like that photo the most, you look happy."