Chapter 10

TW: Mentions of self-harm

"Where is Hermione?" Ginny yelled across the room.

"You are quite catty today, I am right here, Gin," Hermione called out as she rushed to her side. Ginny was finishing applying lipstick when her eyes darted to Hermione's through the mirror.

"Is everyone else done? Everyone downstairs?"

Ginny's eyes were frantic. She had always portrayed herself as a calm and collected person the entire time Hermione had ever known her, but she was nervous. She was scared. Hermione grinned and placed her hand atop her best friend's.

"Everyone is downstairs. Everyone is ready. Everything is great. You look beautiful, Gin," Hermione kissed the side of her head.

"Don't be gross, you'll mess up my hair." Ginny moved away and stood up, blinking away tears forming in the corners.

Hermione smiled looking over her gorgeous best friend. Her dress was beautiful off-white with a delicate lace neckline that plunged to her sternum. The dress flared out and flowed beautifully around her. Small white flowers were pinned all along with the dress. She was the picture of beauty with her flowing red hair down her shoulders and back.

She knew Harry wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off of her.

Ginny turned to go pull on her shoes, Hermione took this moment to take a glance at herself to assure everything was in place. Ginny had picked out her's and Luna's dress for the wedding. They both wore blush pink chiffon dresses with lace straps holding the dress up. Hermione slipped on her flats and picked up the bouquet of wildflowers from the table.

"I may vomit, 'Mione," Ginny croaked out.

"Ginerva," Hermione turned to Ginny to face her, placing her hands on her shoulders. "You are okay. Don't be afraid."

She gave a simple smile with her heartbeat increasing in size not capable of fitting in her chest. Her nerves were on edge, but the excitement of running down the aisle to Harry pushed her to calm herself.

"Let's do this." Ginny turned to the table and poured a shot for herself and Hermione.

Hermione grinned and threw back the shot with her best friend.

******

Hermione sat at her table, searching the crowd. Ron had brought a random girl to the wedding, no doubt to get under Hermione's skin. All it truly caused was an aggravated eye roll as he was in a corner, snogging the poor, drunken girl.

Hermione stood up and walked along the outskirts of the Burrow. Draco hadn't come. They hadn't spoken since their fight a couple of days prior. She looked back at the reception as an outsider. The tented party with beautiful string lights. She watched as her two best friends danced with one another, smiling. She felt so happy, but felt like such a large piece of her was missing her—she hated it. She hated the fucking hold Draco had over her. She took a long sip of her drink and groaned.

"Why aren't you in their having fun?"

Hermione felt ice creep up her neck to her ears. Her heart stopped as she whipped around. She took in the sight of him—Draco. His classic, signature, black suit. He opted for no tie and had the buttons undone to expose his collarbone. She felt her heart come back to life looking at him.

"I am having fun. Wanted some air," she spat. "You're late."

He grinned, "I've been here the entire time. Watched from the back. Thought about leaving, but I decided I couldn't pass up telling you how beautiful you look first."