Chapter 5

Hermione is unequivocally intolerable.

"You know she won't see me? Won't talk to me?" Draco scoffed, "She is unbelievable that woman, Potter, every time I am somewhat kind to her she ignores me for the next 3 bloody weeks."

That blasted woman.

"Get in your office, Malfoy," Potter demanded.

Potter was pushing him into his office by his arm as he spoke, "What the bloody hell is your problem, Potter? Get your hands off of me." Draco whipped away from him.

"She owes you, nothing, Malfoy. You're lucky she even speaks to you after everything that has happened," Harry's eyes had fire behind them as he spoke, "She is embarrassed, alright?" He lowered his voice, looking behind him. "What do you want from her?"

Draco slumped into my chair.

Of course. Of course, she is embarrassed. How stupid of me to not see this in front of me. It was frustrating nonetheless.

"This isn't the first time she has done this, Harry. Anytime she gets vulnerable with me or shows how she feels for me, she shuts down, she ignores me." Draco ran his hands over his face into his hair, "That absolutely frustrating woman. She drives me clinically insane."

I love every moment of it.

Harry shut the office door and leaned against a wall, "Draco, you have to understand, she is one of my best mates. I like to believe I know her well, but she is going through quite a hard time. Ron, moving, this prick, and apparently whatever is going on with you."

He smiled slightly looking at Draco, "I know she is different with you, I can tell, but you can't rush that—especially when you bring around other girls to the pub in front of her." He shot daggers into Draco's eyes as he said this.

Draco let out a groan. Why did this bugger have to make sense?

"I know you care for her, but she is dealing with a lot. The feelings she has for you may be torturing her. Ron hated you, Malfoy," Harry shrugged, "I understand why he did. The war changed Ron and made him angrier. We also are all... ehm... well aware of your history with Hermione," He grinned. "She saw something in you though and you betrayed that," Harry shrugged as he said this. "It isn't going to be the easiest."

"I don't want easy," Draco replied

Harry smirked, "That's the spirit," he replied in a sarcastic tone. Harry stood and opened the office door. "Remember we have to be out in Cairo tomorrow."

Draco rubbed the back of his neck. The last thing he had been thinking about was their next mission for work.

Draco climbed up the flight of stairs to the flat and saw her standing there letting a paper bag of groceries hover next to her while she unlocked the door to her flat. He walked to her, lifting the bag from its levitation.

"Just getting in?"

Hermione wished she could just disappear. Why did he have to be everywhere? Why couldn't she just come home and not see him?

"Just got back from the shops. Cooking tonight," she didn't glance at him once while she said this. She opened her door and walked through it. "Thanks for holding my bag," she reached for the bag.

"I can help you cook, Granger," he offered.

"I'm fine."

She relieved him of the bag and began to shut the door, Draco placed his foot in between the door and the door pane.