Chapter 8

Five days.

That is how long Draco has been in this awful city of Venice with members of the Auror department finishing up our mission looking for a suspected death eater.

"Look alive, Malfoy." Potter shoved. "We are going home tonight, you up-tight prat," he teased.

Draco had been leaning over this balcony, dazing off into the city thinking of Hermione for what felt like hours.

She would like it here. It is beautiful. I should take her here. She would love the museums, but then she would drag me to them. Salazar, which would be frustrating.

Potter joined Draco and looked over at him, "Gin told me you know. You and Hermione." He was grinning wide.

Draco sneered, "That Granger. Quite the gossip."

"Soon you two will be spending holidays together won't you," Harry snickered, "You seeing her tonight?"

Draco grinned as he opened his phone and scrolled through instant messages to show the countless messages interchanged between them both anticipating his return.

"I'll take that as a yes," he grinned. "I am happy for you, Draco. I am. You two... seem to care for one another. She looks good and she looks happy around you."

Draco took a deep breath, "She is insufferable. I am sure she would say the same about me, perhaps add in a few more insults." he grinned, "But, she is good company."

Harry chuckled, "Sounds like Hermione."

"What about Hermione?"

"Ron," Harry turned his head towards the door pane and gave a gentle wave. "Hey, we were just chatting. You excited to be heading home tonight?" Harry interjected.

Ron crept forward. Draco turned towards him, his eyes never wavering from his.

"Why were you two talking about Hermione?"

"She is our friend, Weasley, that's why," Draco replied. Harry turned around to face Ron.

"No, she is our friend. Not yours, Malfoy." Ron sneered his eyes darting between his and Harry's.

His eyes rested on Draco's, fire building behind them.

"Ron, calm down, she is all our friend." Harry moved forward putting his hand between Ron and Draco.

"Well, Potter, I would actually say she is quite more than my friend, wouldn't you?" Draco smirked.

"Draco," Harry warned.

He knew he shouldn't continue, but he was spiteful. He was frustrating Draco even though he was attempting to conceal it. She still had that blasted ring. It bounced around in his mind, taunting him. Draco's mind wandered to when they were together; Ron's hands down her figure, kissing the nape of her neck, her sweet whispers calling out his name. His mind darted to the night at the Ministry's holiday gathering, how he wished-- fuck. How he wanted to beat him to a bloody pulp for even touching her. Draco's mind was rushing in a million different directions, giving himself countless reasons why he should lay his fist into his jaw at this very moment.

Draco pushed those thoughts aside as much as he wanted to fulfill them.

He thought of Hermione. What she would say. How disappointed she would be. If she would sympathize with this no-good piece of rubbish.

"What the fuck did you just say?" Ron spat as he tried to walk past Harry to Draco.

"My apologies, did you not notice? Too busy fucking married women to notice anything else?"