Chapter 6

"I belong to you."

Draco threw his quill down for 3rd time in the past 30 minutes.

He rubbed his face, groaning while thinking of her and her words.

That fucking woman.

Their relationship had remained relatively normal, watch movies together, get together with the mates, just their regular time together—however, multiple times a week, sometimes multiple times a day he would hear the same sentence, "I'm yours." Then quickly he was reminded they were nothing to her besides an outlet.

The thrill of just being each other's outlets was enticing at first, but the glamor started to diminish the more time he spent with her.

The countless nights with her in his bed. Her unruly locks were laid out delicately across her naked back. Draco felt as if he had memorized each individual curl and wave from her head.

He knew every freckle across her back and kissed them all to create his own constellations.

She was tormenting him.

His guilt from the years of pain he caused was seeping through his pores. She was forcing him to feel it. His nightmares were worse—he wanted to beg for her forgiveness. She wanted to show him how scared he was and how he never meant for any of the things that happened to happen.

Especially what happened to her.

"Malfoy," his favorite voice interrupted his thoughts.

Hermione grinned looking at her obviously frustrated 'friend'. His eyes looked too deep and hallow, but he still remained his composure. She envied his ability to cover up any extensive emotions he was having.

Draco looked up, removing his hand from his face.

"How can I help you, Granger?" He smiled at her.

She was wearing a dark grey pencil skirt with a satin, dark green, low cut, top, tucked in.

"Sporting Slytherin colors today?" Draco looked her up and down, smirking, "It fits you."

She shut the door behind her softly and sat atop his desk with her legs crossed, "I thought you'd like it," she smiled, smoothing the skirt with her hands.

Fuck.

"I'm busy, darling. Don't you have someone else to play with?" he turned away, shuffling some papers, attempting to give the idea he wasn't interested in her games.

It always drove her crazy when he would act uninterested.

"I am leaving early today," she turned her head away and took a deep breath giving up the flirty banter.

He shot up at her, "That's not very Granger-like of you." He set his papers down and placed a hand on hers. "What seems to be the problem, Granger? No more house-elves to rescue?"

"Went to go ask Hannah Abbott for lunch," she paused. "Ron was snogging her."

Hermione honestly was baffled. Hannah was married. Had kids. Ron was still asking about her, but obviously, it was out of habit? He seemed preoccupied.

Draco wished he could smack himself. He let out a deep exhale and squeezed her hand. "Isn't Hannah married?" He immediately realized that was the least important thing to mention at this moment, "Are you alright?"

"I believe she... is to Neville," she paused. "Yes, of course, I am alright," she smiled and shook her head in disbelief that he would ask such a thing.