𝒪𝓃𝑒.

Billie's Pov-

!ADDICTION/DEPRESSION!

"Okay, bye!" I shouted to my mom, who was standing outside of my childhood home. She waved me goodbye as I stepped into my challenger. I flipped the engine over and started pulling out of the driveway.

I had nowhere specific I had to be, so I decided I would simply drive around L.A. for a few hours. I drove through downtown, which was painfully busy, but as weird as it sounds, I enjoyed it. I wouldn't change it for the world. 

After the traffic dispersed, I eventually made it to the place I had thought up while sitting. A nice quaint vegan restaurant. The owners are long-time family friends, and their daughter is a fan of mine, so I try to stop whenever I can. I love the feeling I get from them. They're all so sweet and still think of me as the little Billie they knew before fame.

I exited the car and made my way into the building. Ruby, the owner, as well as my mother's best friend, beamed when she saw me.

"Billie, honey, hello!" She said happily. There were no other customers, just me. Ruby pulled me into a warm hug, making me smile widely.

"Hey, Ruby! I missed you guys," I said into her shoulder. Ruby pulled away as her eyes explored my face and body, worrying me slightly.

"Well dear, I'm sure not nearly as much as Andy, she's been keeping us updated on all of your recent activities," Rubey giggled. Andy was her daughter, you know, the girl I was telling you about. I laughed and moved away, finding a seat to sit in. "You sit, and I'll go find Paul and Andy, I've been keeping them busy," She stated. I nodded my head, notifying her to go get them. 

The chair I had sat in was facing the window, therefore I could see the activity going on outside. Nothing much for a Sunday afternoon, but just enough to keep me entertained. A little girl ran past the window, looking excited when she saw the restaurant. To myself, I chuckled. I could've sworn I had seen her before. Her face looked oddly familiar. Then, what I assumed to be her mother, grabbed the little girl's hand and smiled. 

No way. There is absolutely no damn way.

I overstudied the woman's face, trying to confirm her name. Jess.

"Billie!" Andy said excitedly. I jerked my head back, seeing her with open arms. Andy walked closer to me as I got up, doing to same to her. I embraced her with a tight hug, making her smile into my chest.

"Hey, kiddo, how are you?" I asked, rubbing her back.

"Good, how are you? It's been forever since you've stopped by!" She explained. 

"I know, I know, I've been busy. I'm sure you already know all of this," I chuckled, sitting back down in my seat. Andy started talking, but I zoned her out, trying to find Jess again. She was right there, I know she was because I know her face. It had been at least two years, but I knew it was her. And the little girl was Addy. Well, Adelaide, her stepsister. 

What were they doing in California? 

"Billie?" Andy questioned, pulling my focus back into the real world.

"Yeah? Sorry, I saw something outside, what were you saying?"

"What I typically do, my life and all of its drama," she stated. I loved Andy, I really did, but I could give two shits less about the guy she's been with ten times already. As bad as it sounds, I really struggled with focusing on Andy. No matter what, or how long it had been, I kept hearing the same damn thing. He liked her, he loved her, she hates him, that's always how it goes. 

Then, her face appeared through the door. She looked the same. She held Addy's hand and walked up to order, not noticing me. When she walked past without recognition, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. 

"Billie!" Adelaide shouted excitedly. Does she still know me? She saw me maybe twice. This kid is like three? How does she still see my face and know that I'm Billie? My expression dampened before I put on a semi-fake smile and turned toward the two girls. Jess then spotted me. Here goes nothing.  Addy ran to me, making me throw my arms around her.

"Addy, be nice," Jess stated, pulling her slightly away from me. "Bil, hi,"

Jess's voice was still comforting. 

"Woah, what are you two doing here?" I asked, holding my arms out, waiting for Jess to fill them. 

"Long story," Jess started, "God, it's been so long!" 

Jess pulled me into a hug, her sweet scent filled the air around us.

"I know, what, like two years? You look good!" I stated, looking her up and down. Jess blushed harshly as she shook her head giggling.

"Well thank you! The hair was a brave move, but it fits you really well,"

"Thanks, I missed being blonde so I went for it," 

I hadn't stopped smiling since she saw me. She had been smiling the entire time, too, making me feel good. I missed Jess so much.

"So, how are you?" She asked, pulling out two seats across from mine. 

"Damn- oh sorry," I apologized for cussing in front of Adelaide who was happily sitting beside Jess. Jess chuckled and waved her hand, dismissing my apology.

"Don't be, she hears it from me all the time," She laughed. All the time? We're they living back in Los Angeles?

"Bet," I snickered, "Anyways, I've been good. We're working on a little project. I'll show you if you wanna come over sometime soon, I'm sure the fam would love to see you," 

"We could do that, It's gotta be a time when she's either in school or the babysitter is free," Jess stated.

"Wait, what's the deal with you and Addy, are you guys still with your dad?" I asked, feeling bad for invading her privacy.

"Actually, I'm living at my own place now, and I have my little mini-me here," Jess wrapped her arms around Addy's small body, "And she lives with me."

Woah.

"Wait why? Shit, no don't answer that, that's like too touchy," I stammered. Jess shook her head and placed her hand on mine, which was sitting on the table.

"No, Bil, it's cool. Lainey fell into drug addiction, and while my dad was trying to help her, he fell into a depression. Then, they had no money and couldn't support us. Our living situation became miserable and it was either CPS come to take Addy, or I take her. Now, Addy is my daughter. I adopted her." Jess explained happily. 

Jess was gone for maybe two years, and now her stepsister was her CHILD? What the hell? How could so much happen in what seemed like no time? 

"Oh my god, that's crazy, how is everything now?" I questioned, now weaving my fingers with hers.

"Pretty good, I'm happy being her mom, she's an angel. It's crazy that before all of this I was going everywhere with you and now I'm a twenty-year-old single mom," Jess joked. So she was single? Hm.

"Bro, I know! I always knew you were going to be a good mother though. I just didn't know it was gonna be this soon,"

Jess nodded her head and looked down at Addy, who was messily eating something Jess ordered for her. "Addy, baby, look up really quick, you got something on your face," 

God, she was so good with Adelaide. They were so cute. Both of them were little perfect babies. 

"Hey, would Addy wanna come to see Finneas and Claudia? And two little pups?" I suggested. When I said my brother's name, Adelaide's eyes twinkled with excitement. Jess looked unsure at first, but then Adelaide began getting excited and clapping her hands. Jess sighed and laughed.

"I think we have our answer, it's fine with me, I think we're gonna go get cleaned up before we head over, but we'll be there. I've missed my side fam," 

A/N- AHHH!!! The first chapter of the sequel!!!! Thoughts? Predictions? 

I'm excited to continue this, there is so much in storeeee!!!