15. Night Before The Wedding

"Hold your breath sweetheart." Virgil quickly called in making Nyxie jump and do as she was told. Roman giggled as Virgil practically dragged him to the bathroom, forcing him to sit on the toilet as he started the bath. Thankfully, most of the catnip had fallen off of him when they sunk out making it so they didn't have to worry much other than taking a bath.

"Daddy? Is Papa ok?" Nyxie called through the door making Virgil sigh softly at how Roman's eyes sparkled daily at the sound. 

"Yeah. He's ok. Uncle Remus gave him too much catnip."

"Oh!" There was a chuckle through the door as Virgil started to help Roman out of his clothes, making the prince whine and fuss over it all. "That's why you said not to breathe it in. Don't worry... the smell didn't linger in the room."

"That's good." 

"No smell?" Roman whispered softly making Virgil smile with a shake of his head. "Yay! Take that catnip!"

"I thought you didn't have catnip." Roman's eyes bugged as he quickly shook his head, shushing Virgil again who just laughed over everything.

"Not catnip. I don't do drugs. Don't tell Virgil."

"Babe." Virgil laughed as he brushed his hands through Roman's hair watching the catnip fall free from where it was trapped in his long ginger strands. "I couldn't care less if you have catnip. As long as you're smart about it, there is nothing wrong. Catnip is very beneficial for cats when used correctly."

"Prince's don't do drugs."

"Well shit. I guess I won't be talking you into having an edible with me sometime then, will I?" Virgil was teasing. Really he was... but the way Roman's eyes widened made Virgil falter a bit. He knew Remus made them since Janus had made a comment about smoking. He had even tried some when his nerves just would not calm the fuck down. He remembered once that Remus made a comment a while back about it behind a recipe from King but he always thought it was a joke but now he wasn't so sure about it.

"You-... You don't care?"

"Why would I care if someone uses something that could help them? It would only matter if they abuse it." Roman snorted taking Virgil a bit by surprise.

"Trust me that wouldn't happen. I think I know my way around pot enough to know how to use it." Virgil just stood there watching Roman with this look as the prince looked himself over. "I'm covered in catnip."

"Is that why you call catnip feline Maryjane?" 

"It's pot for cats." Roman's eyes shot wide before whining loudly as he fussed again. "No! I said I wasn't doing drugs. Why am I covered in cat cannabis? Virgil save me!" Virgil just huffed as he helped Roman into the tub, who just pouted and glared at the water. "I hate baths. Why do I have to take one again?"

"Because you were literally covered in an entire bag of catnip."

"Who the hell did that?" Virgil was trying so hard not to laugh.

"Remus and Janus must have given it to you."

"No. Janus wouldn't let me." Roman giggled as Virgil grabbed the showerhead. "So I stole it while he and Remus were busy being all gushy about their wedding." Virgil jerked back just as the shower turned on, spraying Roman who hissed loudly in response. "No! No water!"

"Roman, I swear sometimes you are more cat than human." Roman simply hissed again as Virgil started to wash him all up. "You don't want to smell like catnip for tomorrow do you?"

"Tomorrow?" Roman blinked before lighting up and just melting with a purr. "I'm getting married tomorrow."

"Yes, you are."

"I'm getting married to my love. I'm marrying Virgil." Virgil smiled seeing how much Roman melted before finally turning the shower off and grabbing a towel. "Can I get out now?"

"Yes, come on. We need to get to sleep." Roman giggled as he stood there wrapped in the towel waiting for Virgil to come back with some pajamas. Once he was dressed and ready, he snuggled into bed with a dopey smile on his face. Nyxie happily squished herself between Roman and Virgil, who had his arm dropped over the others. "Good night, hun."

"Wai-..." Roman mumbled with a yawn, as he shook his head. His eyes blinked open as he gave the other a clearly nervous look. "We're getting married tomorrow."

"Yes?" Virgil chuckled a bit only to falter feeling the nervous energy bubbling off of Roman. "Hun, is something wrong?"

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Virgil was taken back by surprise over how clear Roman's voice sounded as if the prince hadn't been high off his rocker two minutes ago. "Marry me... I mean. Are you sure you want this?"

"Of course, I want this-..."

"I'm being serious, Virgil." Virgil frowned as Roman curled up around his daughter as if trying to hold on to everything. "Are you sure that you want to be marrying me tomorrow?"

"Roman, I want don't just want to marry you." Virgil gave a soft smile as he gingerly brushed his thumb over Roman's cheeks. "I want to spend the rest of our lives as your husband."

"Promise?" Virgil couldn't help how he teared up seeing how vulnerable Roman was at that moment.

"I promise, Roman. I love you." Roman purred loudly with a bright happy smile.

"I love you too, Virgil." Roman snuggled in closer, his hand clutching Virgil's shirt tightly as if not wanting to let him go.

"Are YOU sure you want to go through with tomorrow?" Virgil asked making Roman purr more.

"More than anything." Roman's voice was so soft and quiet as Virgil leaned in to press a chaste kiss to his cheek. "Tomorrow... I'll be your husband. We'll get married. I'll... I'll finally get to marry you." Roman's face was completely blushed as he actually started to tear up. "I can't wait."

"There's nothing that can stop us now." Virgil whispered as he gently brushed the tears away making Roman lean into his touch with a soft breath. "Get some sleep, Roman. We have a long day tomorrow."

(The end... until the next book lmao)