Chapter Five

***

"Here stands a man
With a bullet in his clenched right hand
Don't push him, son
For he's got the power to crush this land."

They arrived at their destination after a two-hour drive to a building that was somehow secluded from the town. It was in a residential area but Taehyung didn't see any buildings around it for at least a few miles. It looked like a cabin, a modern one at that, and to get to the main entrance, they had to drive through at least three gates and security checks, which didn't help his poor heart and his anxiety at all.

Once the car finally halted and Taehyung was allowed to step out of it, a bag of some things he may need—which he had collected from the hospital—in his hand, the doctor peered upwards, only then realizing that the house was taller than a normal one.

"Please tell me I'm not meeting the President." He muttered, more to himself, but Seokjin had amazing hearing because the man let out a chuckle even if he was way ahead of Taehyung.

He stalked ahead, motioning for him to follow, which Taehyung did because standing behind with the guards wasn't the brightest of choices.

"You're not meeting the President." The man said. "Although, that would've been better."

That didn't help steady Taehyung's nerves at all.

The house they walked in, Taehyung realized as soon as the door shut itself behind them with a thud, was not exactly a house. Sure, the area they were in looked like a normal living room, one he usually saw in movies, but what set it apart were the men placed everywhere—near the windows, near the doors, even near the door that had just closed behind them. They didn't even flinch as Taehyung walked past them which proved that they were professionals with years of training on their backs.

That also didn't help ease his mind, not in the slightest. Instead, it made him wonder who on earth was so important to their country that he was secluded from the world and heavily sheltered? If that was not the President, Taehyung had no clue who else it could've been.

"Can you go bring him?" Seokjin's voice forcefully yanked him from his thoughts but, luckily, he wasn't talking to Taehyung. "And be gentle."

His eyes were focused on a guard, who was now walking away to another part of the house, probably to get the person Taehyung was supposed to treat. Minutes passed before Taehyung was able to hear what seemed to be the sound of a walking cane slowly hitting the marble floor. From the looks of it, the person could barely walk, because minutes passed before the guard finally came back.

By that time, Taehyung had been asked to take a seat on the couch so he was currently sitting on it, his bag on his lap, waiting. When the guard came back, Taehyung was expecting to see an elderly man, maybe the President's father, but what awaited him was not even close to his imagination.

A man appeared in their line of vision, a young one, his hair dark and tousled back, and, even from the little distance between them, Taehyung could see the undercut he was sporting. Piercings were adorning his ears, two even on some features of his face, and his body was covered in a dark—probably costly—robe. He was leaning his body on, as Taehyung had assumed, a golden walking cane and, from what he could see, most of his skin was covered in tattoos.

"Namjoon-ah, I thought I told you to be gentle and help him walk?" Seokjin uttered, his words addressed to that certain guard.

Before the guard could answer and excuse himself, the man walking towards them simply raised his hand, making everyone still, making even Seokjin flinch as he adopted what seemed to be a military stance.