Chapter Seventeen

PLEASE please listen to the songs i link with each chapter, they make the experience better

ESPECIALLY for this chapter

say the nameee, seventeen!!!

***

"When I heard that sound
When the walls came down
I was thinking about you
About you
When my skin grows old
When my breath runs cold
I'll be thinking about you
About you

When I run out of air to breathe
It's your ghost I see
I'll be thinking about you, about you
It was almost love, it was almost..."

"Mister Jeon," the driver spoke, his fingers tightening on the steering wheel as he gazed at the man in the backseat through the rear view mirror. Jeongguk was not watching him, irises focused on the screen of his laptop, where he could see the silhouette of a person getting ready to enter a surgery. "how should we proceed?"

Jeongguk's eyebrows twitched as he glanced at the cars stopped in the middle of the road, blocking them from passing any further towards their destination. There were police sirens on top of them but he knew—he knew those were not the police forces. He couldn't see anyone for the time being, not any drivers or policemen outside the cars, which made all his assumptions seem even more real.

Shuffling in his seat and closing his laptop with a twitch of his eyebrows, Jeongguk retrieved his briefcase from next to him and entered the password, opening it.

"I wonder." Was all he said as he took the bulletproof vest from inside the case and strapped it around his body with difficulty. He was still healing but he had no choice. "Drive slower for the time being."

"Of course, Mister Jeon."

After taking out the gun inside the case and making sure it was loaded, Jeongguk pressed his tongue on the inside of his lip piercing, activating the tracker inside it. He then removed the gloves and mask from inside the case, putting them on—it was a necessary step. Leather gloves designed to resist even fire so that no one could track his fingerprints, and a black mask that would keep his identity hidden but allow him to breathe freely at the same time.

"Mister Jeon, we are approaching."

Raising his head, Jeongguk gazed outside, then finally let a sigh fall past his lips. The device in his ear beeped, Seokjin's familiar voice echoing right afterwards, making Jeongguk's mind ease a little.

"What is the matter, Mister Jeon? You activated the tracker in your lip piercing and the recording device in your eyebrow."

Gesturing for the driver to stop the car, Jeon Jeongguk gripped the gun in one hand and the case in the other.

"Katharsis is on the move." His answer came as he stepped outside the car, closing the door behind him and signaling for the driver to leave. "How long until the unit behind me arrives?"

Tightening his mask, Jeongguk glanced at the disappearing car before he crouched down and opened the case, revealing a set of knives he retrieved from their spots and strapped around his body.