Reactions

I can hear him screaming now. He's also screaming for you to vote on the chapters if you like the story. It helps.

><><><

P03 was checking up on the machines in the other rooms while Daughter was trying to build a robot when a new face to her appeared. She looked up and tilted her head. Keep in mind that this was before Layla launched the game for the second time.

"Greetings, walking hedge," she said. P03 would've been proud of her if he heard. "What business do you have here?"

"You look somewhat familiar," he said. "You seem to be a smaller version of P03, but... a young lady?"

"You're not wrong, leaf man," she said as she tugged at one of her cord pigtails. They worked much like tape measures but she controlled how long her pigtails would be. "My design was based on my father and a second party. Father calls her Lady Layla or something along those lines. Now please tell me your name. Do you have business with my father? May I be of assistance, instead?"

The stranger chuckled.

"I am The Great Scrybe of Beasts known as Leshy," he replied. "Is it true that P03 created you?"

"Yes. I am Daughter. Now, what business do you have?" Daughter stated. She was getting a little annoyed with Leshy's meaningless presence. "If you have no rhyme or reason to be here, then please leave."

"Oh no, I came here just for a simple battle."

"A battle, you say? What kind? I still do not know any form of fighting styles."

"Nothing physical... Daughter, was it?"

"Yes. I am called Daughter."

"How original... No matter."
Leshy pulled out his deck of cards.
"Do you know how to play, Daughter?"

"DAUGHTER!!!" P03 said as he hurried over and got in front of her. "Leave her out of this, Leshy! She did nothing to you!"

"The Great Scrybe of Beasts sighed," he said. He's a bit of a loon if you hadn't caught on by now. "All that was wanted was a simple battle. Now that someone new is here, maybe we could use this as a teaching moment for her?"

"No freaking way, you stupid beast. I would much rather Daughter learn from-"

"Father, if this 'Lady Layla' will be meeting me in time, wouldn't it be crucial to learn about the other Scrybes' cards now? I have you here by my side, so if Leshy were to try anything on me, you'd catch him in the act, am I right?"

"...you are..."

"I know you're against it, father, but I would like to learn about card fighting. If you're still busy, then perhaps Leshy can teach me."

"No. Never. I will NEVER let him teach you how-"
An alarm went off in the factory. One of the machines was going to blow up... P03 shook his head and rushed to fix it.
"DO NOT FIGHT HIM!!!"

Once P03 was gone, Daughter turned to face Leshy.

"Do you know how to operate these battery-powered cards?"

"No, I do not... but I have a spare beast deck. You can keep it as a memory of today. Now play your squirrel card."
Daughter played the squirrel card.
"Your stoat costs one blood. You must sacrifice your squirrel."

"Seems like a cruel fate, but father said that my mother says you must take a leap of fate. I shall do the same here."

Daughter sacrificed the squirrel and played her stoat card. It attacked dealing a single hit.